Batya Goldwaser, MD
Aventura, FL 33180
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Coral Springs, FL 33067
I am an oral and maxillofacial surgeon at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients who need extraction of their impacted wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, jaw pathology, reconstructive jaw (orthognathic) surgery, and patients with facial trauma.
I wanted to be a physician from a young age. I struggled with my own dental and jaw problems, so I spent a lot of time in oral and maxillofacial surgery offices. It was there that I learned of the amazing things that can be done to help people avoid some of the problems I faced and to fix existing issues.
I graduated from both medical and dental school at Harvard, and have medical, dental and anesthesia licenses. This makes me uniquely trained to treat a wide range of conditions in various settings – from dental focused work in an office to more complex surgery of the face in a hospital.
Having been a patient myself, I understand how scared and helpless it can feel to have someone work on your mouth or face. I take great care in making sure my patients feel at ease. I want them to be a partner in their care, and feel empowered to ask questions and be involved in the treatment plan.
The face and mouth play a big part in our every day lives, as well as our self-image and self-esteem. That is why any problem in this area – however big or small – can be devastating. It’s rewarding to be able to correct these issues for patients and see the difference my work makes in their lives.
- Harvard Medical School Harvard University, 2012
- Harvard University School Of Dental Medicine, 2009
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2010, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital, 2015, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) National Dental Honor Society
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
- Goldwaser BR. Risk factor assessment for the development of osteoradionecrosis.
- 2006 AAOMS 88th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- Goldwaser BR. Novel Device for Automated Continuous Distraction Osteogenesis: Preliminary Results in Minipigs. 2008 AAOMS 90th Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA
- Wrzosek MK, Laviv A, Goldwaser BR, et al. Analysis of Resident Time Spent in Traditional Versus Virtual Treatment Planning for Orthognathic Surgery
- 2015 AAOMS 97th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC