Leon Gedeon, MD
Leon Gedeon, MD, is a board-certified family practitioner. He earned his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine, Portsmouth, Dominica, in 2010, and completed his residency in family medicine (serving as Chief Resident) at Akron General Medical Center, Akron, Ohio, in 2013.
Dr. Gedeon gives much of his time to events in the community, speaking frequently at health fairs and in schools. He is fluent in English, French and Haitian Creole.
- Akron General Medical Center, 2013, Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Florida Academy of Family Physicians
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
- “Personalized Educational and Experiential Modules for Diabetes Management,” Neomed Scholarship Day, Rootstown, Ohio, 2013
- “Tar Wars,” Tobacco-Free Education, Akron, Ohio. 2013
- “The Prevalence, Prevention and Management of Type 2 Diabetes,” First Apostolic Faith Church Men’s Health Fair, Akron, Ohio, 2012
- “Stork’s Nest: Prenatal, Perinatal and Postpartum Child and Self Care,” Akron, Ohio, 2012
- “Diabetes Management,” Good Health Radio Hour, WAKR, Akron, Ohio, 2012
- Diabetes Research Poster, Family Medicine Education Consortium, Cleveland, Ohio, 2012
- “Diabetes: An Epidemic Looking for Creative Solutions,” Austin Bioinnovation Institute Akron Synergy Seminar, Akron, Ohio, 2012
- Diabetes Research Poste,r OAFP Symposium on Research and Education, Columbus, Ohio, 2012