Louise Ferland, MD
I am a plastic surgeon at Memorial Healthcare System specializing in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine. I care for patients with difficult, non-healing wounds and those in need of hyperbaric oxygen treatment. This includes patients with non-healing pressure sores, traumatic wounds, surgical wounds, lower leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers and more.
After having surgery myself at a very young age, I knew I wanted to be a plastic surgeon. My plastic surgery training provided the skills necessary to treat difficult, non-healing wounds.
Working in wound care, we have the ability to greatly impact a patient’s life. When we heal a diabetic ulcer, we are able to save someone’s limb. When we heal a difficult wound, we improve the patient’s quality of life.
At Memorial, our patients’ needs and goals are always our top priority. I enjoy listening to my patients and formulating an individualized treatment plan that will lead to healing.
In addition to providing expert care, we are always evaluating new treatment options and therapy, effective wound care and limb salvage techniques. This ensures we are offering patients the best possible treatment options to heal.
Related Medical Services
- University of Western Ontario, 1984
- University of Western Ontario, 1985, Plastic Surgery
- University of Western Ontario, 1989, Plastic Surgery
- University of Western Ontario, 1990, Plastic Surgery
- Best Bedside Manner Award, Richmond, Virginia, December 2018 by Richmond Magazine
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Board Certified by the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in Plastic Surgery