Daniel Aghion, MD
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Dr. Daniel Aghion is a neurosurgeon at Memorial Neuroscience Institute, where he treats patients with a wide array of spine disorders, including severe degenerative spine diseases, spine trauma, cancer in the spine, spine tumors, peripheral nerve surgery and more.
Born and raised in Boston, he went to the University of Michigan and fell in love with neuroscience. He attended Sackler School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, in Tel Aviv, Israel, before completing a residency at Rhode Island Hospital, and a complex spine fellowship at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.
Currently, predominantly at Memorial Hospital West, he is focused on treating a wide variety of not only primary, but also metastatic spine and brain tumors. He has a close relationship with Memorial Cancer Institute and has established a multidisciplinary tumor board at Memorial Hospital West. Consulting with oncologists, radiation oncologists and neuro radiologists, he leads spine surgery at that facility. He is able to provide expert consultation and intervention to a wide variety of patients with neurosurgical diseases.
He credits his international training with giving him a solid base for how to approach people from different cultures and a more hands-on approach. He fully embraces Memorial's focus on patient- and family-centered care and the system's multidisciplinary approach, which enables doctors from different specialties to work together to provide the most comprehensive care.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Aghion
- Tel Aviv University, 2008
- Rhode Island Hospital, 2009, Neurosurgery
- Rhode Island Hospital, 2015, Neurosurgery
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2016, Spine Surgery
- Paradoxes of Hydrocephalus, Joint Neurosurgery/Neurology Grand Rounds, Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI. 12/3/14.
- Management of Low-Velocity Penetrating Brain Injury (LVPBI)
- 82nd AANS Annual Scientific Meeting at The Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA. April 5-9, 2014.
- Purple Day, Epilepsy Awareness day State-of-the-art surgical responses to epilepsy, Maimonides School, Brookline Ma.
- Guidelines for the management of Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A guideline for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI. 2012.
- Update in Spinal cord injury guidelines and management: Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, 2011.
- Mohammad J. Mahboob, MD, Sonja Chen, MBBS, Anne H. Lee, MD, PhD, Danny Aghion, MD, Adetokunbo Oyelese, MD, PhD, William Martland, MD, Suzanne de la Monte, MD, MPH. Eclampsia-Associated Double-Simultaneous Supra- and Infratentorial Fatal Hypertensive Intracerebral Hemorrhages, AANP Chicago, IL. June 2012.
- Lembo, T. M.D., Aghion, D., Zaman, M. M.D., Talley, NJ. M.D., PhD., Chavez, N. M.D. (2001, May). Concordance of IBS Among Monozygotic and Dizygotic Twins. Poster presented at: American Gastroenterology Association; Atlanta, GA.
- Zaman, M. M.D., Chavez, N. M.D., Krueger, R. PhD., Ransil, BJ. M.D., PhD., Talley, NJ. M.D. PhD., Lembo, T. M.D., Aghion, D. (2001, August). Extra-intestinal symptoms in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Poster presented at: Harvard University, Beth Israel- Deaconess Hospital; Boston, MA.
- Zaman, M. M.D., Hur, C. M.D., Chavez, N. M.D., Aghion, D., Ransil, BJ. M.D. PhD., Krueger, R. PhD., Jones, M. Ph.D., Talley, N. M.D., PhD., Lembo, T. M.D. (2001, August). Concordance of Reflux Among Monozygotic and Dizygotic Twins. Poster presented at: Harvard University, Beth Israel- Deaconess Hospital; Boston, MA.
- Comprehensive Pain Management in the Rehabilitation Patient (1st Ed.)
- “Neurosurgical Management of Pain” Editor: Dr. Alexios Carayannopoulos. Springer’s Publishing. (In Process)
- Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine (2nd Ed. Elsevier) Chapter 9: Surgical approaches to the craniovertebral junction in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Sept. 2013. ISBN: 978-1-4557-0989-2
- Chronic Pain and Brain Abnormalities (Elsevier) Editor: Carl Saab, PhD Chapter 5: Surgical Interventions for Pain. Sept. 2013 ISBN: 978-0-12-398389-3
- Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Journal of Blood Disorders and Transfusion
- Journal of Neurology and Neurophysiology
- Thieme Publishers- Neurosurgery
- Prof. Melvin M. Gelch Award and Fellowship, Rhode Island Hospital Neurosurgery, 2015
- Professor Hillel Nathan Award for Excellence in Anatomy and Academic Excellence in First Year Studies, Sackler School of Medicine
- President, Sackler School of Medicine, Class of 2008, 2005-2008. Vice President, 2004-2005
- American Medical Student Association, AMSA, Tel Aviv University Chapter. President, Class of 2008
- Michigan Scholars Award, 2000-2003
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Rhode Island Medical Society
- Rhode Island Medical Board, Physician’s Health Committee, 2011- 2015
- Low Back Pain Prevention Program, Founding Member, AANS, 2013
- Brown University Doctoring Mentor Program
- President, American Medical Student Association. Tel Aviv University Chapter
- Surgical Society Member, Sackler SOM
- Medical Students' Organization and Federation of Israeli Medical Students- Sackler School of Medicine
- Rhode Island Hospital Stroke Center and Protocol Committee, 2010-2015
- Procedure Review and Protocol Committee, member 2011-2015
- Board Member, Providence Hebrew Day School