Marcos Rejtman, DO
I am a palliative care physician at Memorial Cancer Institute. I work collaboratively with our interdisciplinary team to help optimize the care and quality of life for both patients and their families.
My palliative care experience began in 2001, and since that time, I have developed expertise in non-interventional pain and symptom management. I also understand the critical psychosocial and spiritual challenges facing our patients and their families, and help them articulate their priorities and treatment goals.
Prior to joining Memorial, I served as founding medical director of Catholic Palliative Care Services and medical director of Catholic Hospice.
I have served on peer review, ethics and quality improvement committees to help optimize patient care and experiences at various hospitals. For six years, I also served as lead physician on an institutional review board (IRB) overseeing the research of new medications and medical devices.
In addition to providing patient care, I have also been involved in medical education since 2009, teaching family medicine, geriatric medicine and most recently serving as a program fellowship director in hospice and palliative medicine.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Rejtman
- Nova Southeastern University, 1994
- Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine, 1995, Internal Medicine
- Mercy Suburban Hospital, 1997, Family Medicine
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians-Family Medicine
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians-Geriatric Medicine
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians-Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- VITAS Physician Reference Manual, 2010
- Catholic Hospice Physician Reference Manual 1st Ed , 2011 (currently in its 6th Ed)
- Catholic Hospice Physician Reference Manual for Hospice In-Patients in Contract Beds, 2014
- Catholic Hospice IPU Physician Reference Manual, 2015
- ARNP Handbook, 2011 (currently in its 5th Ed)
- Broward County Physician of the Year, 2007, VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- 2007 Founder’s Award for Outstanding Service – Care Giver of the Year – Hospice Care [National] Team Physician, VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC)
- American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine