Sergio Guiteau, MD
Miramar, FL 33027
Dr. Sergio Guiteau is a family physician at Memorial Healthcare System. He specializes in family medicine, urgent care and sports medicine.
Dr. Guiteau earned his medical degree at Howard University in Washington, DC, in 2011. He went on to complete a general surgery internship at Maricopa County Medical Center in Arizona, and a family medicine internship and residency at the Institute for Family Health/Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He also completed a sports medicine fellowship at Atlantic Health Systems in New Jersey.
In addition to providing patient care at Memorial, Dr. Guiteau is the medical director at South Florida Sports and Preventive Medicine, and provides sideline medical coverage for select games and NBA events. He also writes and presents about sports medicine topics.
Related Medical Services
- Howard University College Of Medicine, 2011
- Institute for Family Health, 2014, Family Medicine
- Maricopa Medical Center, 2012, Family Medicine
- Institute for Family Health, 2016, Family Medicine
- Morristown Memorial Hospital, 2017, Sports Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine-Sports Medicine
- Haitian Creole
- Florida Medical Association
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Board of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Guiteau, Sergio MD, Martins, Damion MD, Padavan, Dean MD. The Painful Dribble, American Medical Association for Sports Medicine National Conference Poster presentation. April 2017. San Diego, CA
- Guiteau, Sergio MD, Martins, Damion MD, Padavan, Dean MD. Brachial Plexus Injury, American College of Sports Medicine National Conference Poster Presentation. June 2017. Denver, CO
- Guiteau, Sergio MD, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in Retired Athletes, Institute for Family Health Research Symposium. March 2015. New York, NY
- Prine, Linda MD, Guiteau, Sergio MD, Surti, Aarti MD, Harris, Mandy MD, Rosenberg, Rachael MD. Dispelling Myths in Reproductive Health Care. Family Medicine Education Consortium Conference. Oct 2014. Washington, DC