Ariel Brautbar, MD
Hollywood, FL 33021
Medical Director, Pediatric Genetics Program
I am a genetics specialist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with genetic disorders and use advanced genetic testing to find the cause and treatment. I work with patients with genetic syndromes, neurological disorders with a genetic cause, and have a special interest in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex genetic disorders.
I was drawn to genetics and genomics because I recognized that our genes hold the answers that many patients and families facing undiagnosed conditions are looking for. As the tests and tools become more complex, they require more expertise to interpret but also cover many conditions we previously could not diagnose.
Each day, I look forward to doing my best for my patients and their families. I listen carefully to what they tell me and use all my experience and the most current genetic testing out there to obtain a diagnosis and possibly treatment. Armed with this critical information and support, I help them to move forward.
I am also certified by the National Lipid Association in clinical lipidology and am interested in applying genomics to enhance treatments via pharmacogenetics, which is the understanding of how our genes influence the way our bodies respond to drug therapies.
In addition to working with patients and their families, I publish many articles on genetics and am involved with clinical research on pharmacogenetics.
- The Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School., 2000
- Hadassah hospital, 1999
- shaarey zedek medical center, 2006, Internal Medicine
- Baylor college of Medicine, 2008, Medical Genetics
- Endowed Chair, Cook Children’s Health Care System: Implementation of personalized and genomic medicine, as well as pharmacogenetics capabilities, 2018
- Oral abstract chosen as Best of American Heart Association Sessions, 2008
- Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders of North America Travel Award for Exceptional Research Abstract, 2007
- Dean’s List, 4th year of Medical School, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, 1997