Areeba Basit, MD
Apart from a complete neurological evaluation, a big part of my interaction includes exploring the family dynamics and environmental factors that may be impacting a child’s development or progression of a disease. Throughout my career, I have also held a particular interest in pediatric neuro- immunology, which encompasses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, neuro-myelitis optica and autoimmune encephalitis. The ongoing research and advances in the knowledge and management of these conditions continue to inspire my interest in this field. The innumerable functions of our brains help to create human experiences and develop human interactions, which make each of us unique.
As a pediatric neurologist, my goal is to optimize every child’s functional outcome and quality of life. Working at Memorial makes this possible because each member of our team puts the patient first. We do more than just offer medical treatment. We strive to provide a positive and wholesome experience for everyone.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Basit
- Kasturba Med Coll, 2011
- Kasturba Med Coll, 2011
- Cleveland Clinic Hospital, 2014, Pediatrics
- Washington University School Of Medicine, 2015, Neurology
- Washington University School Of Medicine, 2017, Pediatric Neurology
- 2014: Resident of the Year in Neurology at Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital 2013: Representative of Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Residency Program at the Ohio AAP Annual Meet 2013, Columbus, Ohio
- 2013: Representative of Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Residency Program at the 7th Annual Obesity Summit, Cleveland, Ohio 2012: Representative of Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Residency Program at the Ohio AAP Annual Meet 2012, Dublin, Ohio and awarded certificate of excellence
- 2012: Pediatric Resident of the Month award winner at Cleveland Clinic Children's
- 2011: Participated in workshop on Non-communicable diseases conducted by Manipal University in collaboration with University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2011: Awarded 2nd place in the Full Paper Award category at the 23rd Annual Conference of Karnataka Association of Community Health (KACH): Australasian Medical Journal: Risk Factors for Undernutrition among children aged 1 to 5 years in a coastal Taluk of Karnataka: A Case Control Study. Basit A, Nair S, Chakravarthy KB, Darshan B, Kamath A.
- 2017: American Academy of Neurology (AAN) annual meeting in Boston, MA, USA: Predictors of relapse and short term disability in pediatric patients with relapse-onset multiple sclerosis on disease modifying therapy. Basit A., Wang J., Lin T., Lui A., Egbert E., Petty M., Novak O., Salter A., Mar S.
- 2016: Child Neurology Society (CNS) annual meeting in Vancouver, B.C., Canada: Application of Graus- Dalmau criteria and algorithm for diagnosis of Pediatric Autoimmune Encephalitis. Basit A., Salter A., Mar S.
- 2013: Ohio Chapter, AAP Annual Meet 2013, Columbus, Ohio: A rare case of Congenital Above-Elbow Amputation. Areeba Basit MD, Justen Aprile MD, Sangeeta Krishna, MD, Cleveland Clinic Children’s, Pediatric Institute
- 2011: 23rd Annual Conference of Karnataka Association of Community Health; Manipal, Karnataka, India: Risk Factors for Undernutrition among children aged 1 to 5 years in a coastal taluk of Karnataka: A Case Control Study. Basit, A., Nair S., Chakravarthy, K., Darshan B., Kamath, A.