Memorial Division of General Surgery
The Memorial Division of General Surgery is a multi-specialty surgery group composed of a team of internationally recognized, board-certified surgeons who provide comprehensive surgical care across a variety of specialties including:
- Advanced minimally invasive surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- General surgery
- Surgical oncology
With several practice locations across Broward County including Memorial Hospital Pembroke, Memorial Hospital Miramar, Memorial Hospital West and Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, as well as north Miami-Dade County, our highly qualified surgical specialists have extensive experience delivering leading-edge surgical care, including advanced laparoscopic and minimally invasive procedures.
Comprehensive Surgical Care
Our surgeons perform a wide range of surgical procedures and have expertise in the following areas:
- Acute surgical care
- Minimally invasive bariatric surgery (including Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, Lap-Band and sleeve gastrectomy procedures)
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures (including colon resections, splenectomys, anti-reflux surgery and complex ventral/incisional hernia repair)
- Basic and robotic laparoscopic surgeries (including cholecystectomy, surgical removal of the gall bladder, inguinal hernia repairs, single-site surgery)
- Surgical oncology (including the treatment of esophageal, pancreatico-biliary, hepatic, gastric, colorectal, melanoma/soft tissue, breast and endocrine tumors)
- Surgical care of benign and cancerous diseases of the breast
Our team is on call to respond to emergent issues across the four hospitals. Our comprehensive, multi-specialty group has highly qualified, experienced surgeons to care for a wide variety of acute surgical needs.
Our surgical practice also participates in multidisciplinary clinics, where experts across all pertinent specialties see patients simultaneously. These meetings provide a unique opportunity for patients to be seen by a broad spectrum of specialists in "real time". These clinics also allow our surgeons to consult with experts in other specialties, including radiology, pathology and medical oncology, through weekly tumor boards to provide patients with the complete continuum of care.