SAVI SCOUT Surgical Guidance System
The SAVI SCOUT® surgical guidance system is an innovative technology allows Memorial Breast Cancer Center surgeons to more accurately pinpoint lesions prior to surgery. The sophisticated technology helps surgeons with:
- Tumor localization
- Surgical planning
- Surgical guidance
- Confirmation of the tissue to be remove
Datasource: Savi Scout
The SAVI SCOUT® surgical guidance system uses no radiation and no wires. Instead, a small staple-sized device (reflector) is placed in the tissue target up to seven days prior to surgery. The SAVI SCOUT, which uses uses radar technology, guides the surgeon to precisely target the breast tissue during a lumpectomy or excisional biopsy procedure, plan the incision and direct surgery. This system offers many advantages to patients, including:
- Added comfort during procedure since no invasive guide wires are used
- Decreased wait times between radiology and surgery
- Easier localization of the breast tumor
- Enhanced surgical success of targeted tumors
- FDA approved for targeting other non-breast tissues, including lymph nodes and other body parts
- Fewer surgical delays
- Improved patient satisfaction and well-being
SAVI SCOUT® is currently available to patients who plan to have surgery with a Memorial Breast Cancer Center surgeon.
To schedule an appointment, please call 954-265-4325 (HEAL).
It was very simple; I didn’t feel a thing. I’d encourage my fellow breast cancer sisters to consider the SAVI SCOUT because it was pain-free, saved me time and was less stressful on my body.