Elective, Non-urgent and Non-emergency Procedures Resume
Memorial Healthcare System and Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital are committed to placing the safety and well-being of our patients, staff, and physicians first.
Given the slowly improving data regarding Emergency Room visits, COVID-19 admissions to our facilities, and community statistics in Broward County, Memorial Healthcare System has resumed elective procedures for ambulatory, outpatient and those not requiring extensive stay or Intensive Care Unit care. Please contact your physician's office for more details on scheduling an appointment.
Starting Monday, July 13, all Memorial Physician Group adult specialties will continue to offer appointments for telehealth and telephone visits. In-person office visits are on a case by case basis until further notice.
We appreciate your patience during this time of uncertainty. One thing that is certain is Memorial’s commitment to keeping its community safe and healthy.
Our surgical care specialties include:
- Advanced minimally invasive surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- General surgery
- Hernia surgery
We have several practice locations across Broward County including:
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Memorial Hospital West
- Memorial Regional Hospital
Comprehensive Surgical Care
Our surgeons perform a wide range of surgical procedures and have expertise in the following areas:
- Acute surgical care
- Minimally invasive bariatric surgery (including Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, Lap-Band and sleeve gastrectomy procedures)
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures (including colon resections, splenectomys, anti-reflux surgery and complex ventral/incisional hernia repair)
- Basic and robotic laparoscopic surgeries (including cholecystectomy, surgical removal of the gall bladder, inguinal hernia repairs, single-site surgery)
- Surgical oncology (including the treatment of esophageal, pancreaticobiliary, hepatic, gastric, colorectal, melanoma/soft tissue, breast and endocrine tumors)
Our team is on call to respond to emergent issues across the four hospitals. Our comprehensive, multi-specialty group has highly qualified, experienced surgeons to care for a wide variety of acute surgical needs.