Expert Respiratory Care
The Memorial Ventilator Program at Memorial Hospital Pembroke provides highly specialized care for patients with acute or chronic respiratory needs. We pride ourselves in delivering expert, compassionate care to our patients and their families.
To learn more, call 954-883-8368 (VENT) to attend a meet-and-greet session or to schedule an individual family tour.
Our comprehensive respiratory services include:
- Acute care unit for short-term stays
- Case management
- Discharge planning
- Nutrition support
- On-site pulmonary function test lab
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Social services
- Spiritual and emotional assistance
- Telemetry monitoring
- Ventilator weaning
Why Choose Us
With a highly skilled staff and comprehensive monitoring, our aggressive ventilator-weaning program has among the best success rates in the nation. Our team is extremely successful in weaning patients who have previously failed ventilator weaning.
Our expert respiratory care team consists of:
- Board-certified physicians
- Registered nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Patient care assistants
- Physical therapists
Together, they work toward of goal of achieving good health outcomes, while striving for maximum recovery in a minimum time frame. The Memorial Ventilator Program takes a holistic approach to healing, and we encourage active participation by our patients and their families in all aspects of care. The program is designed to address the needs of the acute care patient with ventilator dependence as a result of:
- Multiple trauma
- Neurological trauma
- Respiratory failure
- All forms of lung disease
- Extended use of mechanical ventilators
Prior to admission, each patient is evaluated using a specific set of criteria to determine appropriate placement. We encourage close communication between our staff and the physician, in order to meet the patient’s specific needs.
The team at Memorial Hospital Pembroke's Memorial Ventilator Program works together to achieve the best possible health outcomes. We take a holistic approach to care healing and encourage active participation by the patient and their family in all aspects of the recovery.
Patient- and Family-Centered Care is our model of healthcare delivery, based on the understanding that patients, their family and significant support persons have the greatest influence over their own health and well-being.
- Protocol-driven weaning and recovery process
- Individualized plan of care, specific to diagnosis and patient-specific needs
- Maximal physical restoration as treatment goal
- Interdisciplinary team conferences, involving family and significant others
- Individualized nutritional services
- One-on-one patient and family education
- Open-door policy and support visitation, including overnight visits
- Access to our Patient- and Family-Centered Care Lounge, featuring flat screen televisions and internet access in a comfortable, relaxed environment
- Once-a-week "Take-a-Breather" hospitality social for families and friends of hospitalized patients
- Host to the American Lung Association's Better Breathers Club meetings each month
For the safety of our patients, 100 percent of our beds are equipped with electronic cardiac monitoring technology. We feature leading-edge equipment including:
- Centrally monitored pulse oximetry
- Centrally monitored ventilator alarm systems
- Etco2 monitoring
- Specialty care beds and equipment
- Innovative wound-care and wound-prevention technology