Our Rehabilitation Treatments
Outpatient Therapy Department is Now Open
Starting Wednesday, May 6, the Outpatient Therapy Department will be open for appointments at the following locations. For questions, please call the Outpatient Therapy department location listed below.
- Memorial Regional Hospital South: 954-265-5453
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services: 954-265-5453
- Memorial Hospital West (adult and pediatric services): 954-844-7180
- Memorial Hospital Miramar (adult and pediatric services): 954-538-4760
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital – Coral Springs: 954-575-8962
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Health Specialty Center – Wellington: 561-341-7005
In addition to our existing safety procedures, the following extra processes for disinfection, physical distancing, and use of face masks to abide with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines have been implemented to ensure the safety and protection of our patients and their families.
- All employees and patients will be screened prior to entering the facility.
- Patients will be required to wear their own mask.
- Therapists will be required to wear masks.
- All scheduling will be done via telephone.
- Outpatients will register either by telephone or electronically.
- Outpatients will wait outside and be notified when the therapist is ready to see you.
- Individualized treatment areas will be distanced at least 6 feet apart and physical distancing will be practiced.
- No visitors will be allowed.
- Parent and child will be screened prior to entering the facility.
- Patients are allowed one parent.
- Patients under two-years old will not be required to wear a mask.
- Visits will be performed in private rooms.
Types of Therapy We Offer
Each rehabilitation program is tailored to meet the patient's unique lifestyle needs and challenges. Our therapy options include:
We invest in some of the most advanced technology available to offer our patients expert rehabilitative care. Learn more about our physical rehabilitation technology.
Care Options for Every Need
Our Post Acute Care Network rehabilitation options are tailored to meet the unique needs of each patient's personal rehabilitation journey.
Our comprehensive inpatient program provides acute rehabilitation therapy for recovery from:
- Brain or spinal cord injury
- Other conditions
A broad range of professionals – physicians, nurses, therapists and psychologists – provide innovative, individualized care to help patients go beyond limitations and enjoy life to the fullest.
Our personalized approach to outpatient rehabilitation helps patients regain physical movement, strength and endurance.
Specialized outpatient therapies include:
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
Plus, our driving and community re-entry programs help patients reintegrate into the community with a higher level of independence.
With four Broward County locations, outpatient rehabilitation is available close by. Learn more about outpatient rehabilitation.
Skilled Nursing Care
For patients who are unable to meet the demands of inpatient treatment, we offer lower intensity rehabilitation for both short- and long-term care.
Specialized therapies include:
- Recovery from heart and lung conditions
- Ventilator dependent
- Wound care
- Chronic conditions
Home Health Services
When the best place for rehabilitation is a patient's home, our team delivers home-based care to help manage recovery following an elective procedure, a fall or an unexpected illness.
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists provide home services for:
- Neurological conditions
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Heart failure
- Patients recently discharged from inpatient rehabilitation
- Other conditions
With these services, we bring our special brand of patient- and family-centered care to patients in their own homes. Learn more about home health services.