Dedicated Neurocritical Care and Neuroscience Unit
We have an eight-bed neurocritical care unit located within our ICU that cares for critically ill patients. This unit is dedicated to patients with neurological conditions. The staff are specially trained to care for the unique needs of both neurological and neurosurgical patients. A team of physicians and nurses provides specialized care and observation 24 hours a day.
Our Treatments and Diagnostic Tools
We offer the expertise of a multidisciplinary team that provides leading-edge treatment and complete follow-up. Our treatments and diagnostic tools include:
- Neurointerventional Surgery: A minimally invasive, endovascular approach that can treat vascular problems of the brain and spinal cord.
- Neurology: Testing, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological disorders (non-surgery).
- Neuropsychology: Treatment of neurological illnesses or traumatic injuries that may impact cognitive functions and behavior.
- Neuro-oncology: Advanced surgical approaches that remove malignant brain tumors, while minimizing the impact on brain function.
- Neuroradiology: Advanced imaging techniques to evaluate the brain, spine, neck, and ears, nose and throat.
- Neurosurgery: Traditional and advanced, minimally invasive surgery that treats injuries and diseases of the brain, spine and related nerves.
- Neurovascular surgery: Advanced surgery that treats a variety of conditions including aneurysms, hemorrhagic strokes, vascular malformations of the brain and skull base tumors.
- Transcarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR): A minimally invasive procedure to treat carotid artery disease and help prevent future strokes. TCAR is unique in that blood flow is temporarily reversed during the procedure so that any bits of plaque that may break off are diverted away from the brain.