Why Choose Memorial for Imaging
We are proud to provide you with high-quality imaging services, thanks to:
- Leading-edge equipment. We offer some of the latest equipment available, such as tomosynthesis (3D mammograms), at all Memorial Women’s Imaging Center facilities.
- An experienced team. Our board-certified, sub-specialized radiologists come from outstanding academic institutions.
- Real-time, point-of-care review of images. This ensures quality and completeness, while also minimizing call-backs and reducing radiation exposure.
- Our American College of Radiology (ACR) accreditations. We are accredited in computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), nuclear imaging and women’s imaging, which helps guarantee the highest standards in staff qualifications, safety policies and quality control.
- Our participation in the ACR RADPEER program. This ACR initiative allows peer reviews during routine image interpretation, in which Memorial radiologists have participated since its inception.
- Memorial’s Quality Assurance (QA) program. This program brings together physicians and technologists to identify areas of opportunity for quality improvement.
- Memorial’s subspecialty back-up call initiative. Available 24 hours a day, this initiative offers expertise in areas such as neuroradiology, pediatric radiology, musculoskeletal radiology and interventional radiology around the clock.
Highly Specialized Care
Radiology and imaging specialists who are trained in the specific type of imaging service you’re receiving will perform your exam and interpret the results. For example, when undergoing an MRI scan of your brain, the technologist who performs the scans and the radiologist who interprets the results have extensive training in neurology (medical specialty that focuses on the brain, spinal cord and nerves).
In addition, all of our advanced imaging services are fully accredited by ACR. This specialized training means you will receive more detailed and precise care, tailored to you and your specific health condition. This can lead to better long-term outcomes for you.
Commitment to the Safest Care
Memorial Healthcare System's imaging team is dedicated to delivering the latest in diagnostic testing, in the safest manner possible. Therefore, we:
- Belong to the Image Wisely Alliance® , which demonstrates that we use the lowest levels of radiation possible for each particular imaging study for our adult patients.
- Participate in the ACR Dose Index Registry (DIR). As one of the first multi-hospital systems to participate in this important national initiative, our radiology team compares our practices and outcomes with national benchmarks.
- Regularly review imaging protocols to ensure they are appropriate and meet the latest specifications set by national radiology organizations.
- Utilize an interdisciplinary radiation safety committee where members review DIR data and current protocols to minimize radiation doses.