Hernia Surgery and Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
Memorial Healthcare System and Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital are committed to placing the safety and well-being of our patients, staff, and physicians first. Due to that commitment and the recent surge in COVID-19 positive cases, Memorial is postponing all elective, non-urgent and non-emergency surgeries/procedures effective Wednesday, July 8, 2020 until further notice. Although our offices will be contacting those who already have a surgery/procedure scheduled, we encourage you to contact your physician’s office to discuss next steps.
Starting Monday, July 13, all MPG adult specialties will continue to offer telehealth and telephone appointments. In-person visits are on a case by case basis until further notice.
We appreciate your patience during this time of uncertainty. One thing that is certain is Memorial’s commitment to keeping its community safe and healthy.
When you have a hernia, it’s difficult to do the things you love, especially if you’re physically active. At Memorial Hospital Pembroke, we offer one of South Florida’s leading facilities for hernia surgery and abdominal wall reconstruction, which you may need if you have a large hernia removed. Most of our surgeries are minimally invasive, so you can return to your normal self more quickly — and face a lower likelihood of the hernia returning.
Hernia Surgery at Memorial Hospital Pembroke: Why Choose Us?
A hernia does not heal itself, and we understand it can be difficult to choose where to have hernia surgery. When you select our hernia program, you’ll find:
- Individualized surgery plans: We’re one of the only area hospitals to offer all three types of hernia treatment: open, laparoscopic, and robotic. Our all-encompassing approach means you'll receive the surgery that’s best for you.
- Hernia-specific care: We welcome people with every type of hernia, no matter how complex it is. Learn more about the types of hernia we treat.
- Minimally invasive techniques: Most of our surgeries are laparoscopic or robotic. These minimally invasive techniques typically lead to less scarring and pain, faster hernia surgery recovery times and lower likelihood of the hernia returning.
- Streamlined process: After making an appointment with our hernia program, you’ll fill out a questionnaire about your condition and symptoms. Our team will then use your answers, along with information gathered during your appointment, to create a game plan for your care. And with three surgeons on staff, scheduling your surgery is easier. Learn more about what to expect.
- Experienced team: Our specialized hernia surgeons work as a team to treat you as a unique patient. They review each case together so you receive a comprehensive assessment without visiting multiple hospitals. What’s more, they have all completed extensive training in minimally invasive surgery and have presented their techniques at conferences around the world. Find the right hernia doctor.
- Excellent post-op care: If you have questions after your surgery, we offer a special phone line that allows you to connect with one of our hernia surgeons – no matter the time of day or night. We also offer on-site wound care and plastic surgery to aid in your recovery.
- Continually evolving service: You are our priority, and we’re constantly pushing ourselves to improve the quality of our care. To that end, we’re one of the only South Florida hospitals affiliated with the Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative (AHSQC). That affiliation requires us to carefully track success rates.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our hernia and abdominal wall reconstruction program, call 954-276-0898.
If you’re a physician and would like to refer a patient to our hernia program, call 954-276-0898.