Memorial Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab and Medical Fitness offers hospital-based programs instructed by a team of experienced physiologists (exercise doctors), therapists, dietitians and certified exercise instructors with expertise in rehabilitating patients with the following conditions:
- Bariatric (weight-loss) surgery
- Heart disease
- Joint replacement surgery
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pulmonary disease
We also offer prevention programs for those who are at risk for certain health conditions, including high blood pressure, obesity and more.
Datasource: Cardiac rehab program
Our Phase II (outpatient) Cardiac Rehabilitation assists you and your family in the physical and emotional recovery following a heart event, like a heart attack or heart surgery.
It continues your Phase I (inpatient or hospital-based) Cardiac Rehabilitation.
What to Expect
The outpatient Cardiac Rehab program includes individual and group education sessions, stress management classes and exercise sessions. You’ll receive:
- Comprehensive, progressive, individualized workout routines
- Pre- and post-workout assessment of vital signs and symptoms
- Continuous monitoring during exercise sessions
- Ongoing blood pressure and heart rate assessments during exercise sessions
- Physician, registered nurse and clinical exercise physiologist attend each exercise session
- Education and support
- Regular progress reporting to your referring physician
Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation is available at two locations in Hollywood and Pembroke Pines.
A physician referral is required.
The program is typically covered by insurance.
Bariatrics Fitness Program
After having weight-loss surgery, patients are referred to our hospital-based Bariatric Weight-Loss Medical Exercise Program. This welcoming environment is made up of a team of experienced staff who will help you reach your fitness goals safely through individual and group education sessions. Our supervised exercise programs include the following to ensure a smooth transition:
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist designed exercise prescriptions
- Recommendations based on individual goals, medical history and fitness level
- Development of sustainable exercise habits
- Assessment and monitoring