Cancer Recovery Programs
In collaboration with Memorial Cancer Institute, our Cancer Recovery Programs are designed to assist cancer patients in sustaining, or regaining, strength and endurance throughout treatment and beyond.
Exercise Prescriptions are developed under the guidance of a clinical exercise physiologist with individual goals, concerns and fitness levels in mind so that sustainable exercise habits can be achieved. Assessments and monitoring are incorporated when appropriate.
Call 954-844-9833 for more information. A physician referral is required.
1. Small Group Medical Exercise Training
- Individualized exercise programming developed and supervised by a team of clinical staff in a small group setting.
- Program includes: cardiovascular, strength, mobility and flexibility training.
- Inclusive, encouraging atmosphere among supportive peers.
- One hour sessions, two or three days a week, flexible days and times.
2. Individual Medical Fitness Coaching
- Individualized exercise prescription designed to sustain independent exercise at home or in a community fitness center.
- Five in person, one on one, appointments offered every one to three weeks, with a virtual or phone follow-up support between appointments.
- Great option for those with schedule or transportation limitations.
Two complimentary small group sessions are provided to all Memorial Cancer Institute patients.
Cancer Recovery Programs are available at both Medical Fitness locations.
Please call 954-844-9833 for more information.
Memorial Hospital West Medical Fitness
701 North Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Memorial Regional Medical Fitness
300 Hollywood Way
Hollywood, FL 33021