Our expert addiction medicine specialists provide trusted resources for learning more about alcohol and substance addiction, its signs and withdrawal symptoms.
Trusted Resources for Addiction Information
Learn more about the signs of addiction and withdrawal symptoms from these trusted organizations:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): This international fellowship offers free membership to anyone who has or has had difficulty with alcohol consumption. The program comprises 12 recovery steps to achieve and maintain alcohol abstinence.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (NCADD): This volunteer organization provides services to people who have alcohol or drug addiction and works to raise awareness about addiction and its consequences.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA): Part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), NIAAA conducts and supports research on alcohol use and its effects on public and individual health and well-being. Its goals are to apply research findings to reduce physical, social and behavioral problems associated with alcohol abuse.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): This research institute is also part of NIH and serves the same functions as NIAAA for drug use and addiction.
- Partnership™ for Drug-Free Kids: This nonprofit organization helps families with a child who has problems with substance use. The Partnership provides information and guidance to support families in getting help for the child.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): As part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, SAMHSA leads public health efforts to improve Americans’ behavioral health. SAMHSA works to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
Call our 24/7 phone line at 954-883-7771 to learn more about our program or start the admissions process. Our team can conduct a confidential initial screening over the phone, and schedule a same-day in-person pre-screening and assessment in less than an hour.