At Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute, a heart patient can expect to be quickly evaluated to see if he or she is a candidate for a heart transplant. What’s more, we provide comprehensive, patient- and family-centered care throughout the transplant process. We can also help patients who received a heart transplant at another institution.
Heart Transplant Expertise
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute is Broward County’s first adult heart transplant team. We have successfully performed 13 adult heart transplants with a 100 percent survival rate since launching our adult heart transplantation program in April 2014.
Heart Transplant Team
Our transplant team is led by some of the country’s top transplant cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, who have been trained at prestigious universities and highly respected hospitals. Together, they provide life-saving care for patients with end-stage heart failure.
Our high-caliber team works collaboratively to provide you with the best possible cardiac care. Our dedicated cardiac surgery team includes:
- Operating room nurses
- Heart surgery intensive care unit and heart surgery telemetry nurse
- Heart surgery advanced nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
Other members of the cardiac team include:
- Immunology specialist
- Infectious disease specialist
- Laboratory medicine/pathology experts
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation specialists
- Transplant dietitian
- Transplant financial coordinator
- Transplant/MCS/heart failure nurse coordinators and nurse practitioners
- Transplant pharmacist
- Transplant psychologist
- Transplant social worker
If you have an adult heart transplant candidate you would like to refer or have a question about a patient referral, please call:
- Emergency referrals (24 hours): 954-232-5094
- Routine referrals: 954-265-7750
- Fax: 954-276-0280
We also have a dedicated transport team. To reach our transfer center, please call 954-265-6338.
Related Health Articles