Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute offers expertise, innovation and advanced cardiac and vascular procedures.
Why Choose Memorial for Heart Surgery
- Our cardiac surgery program has consistently earned a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) in all three cardiac surgery categories. This is an achievement that less than one percent of cardiovascular centers nationwide can match.
- Our patients have the highest patient satisfaction scores in Broward County, with a rating of 95 percent.
- CareChex has named us among the top ten percent of healthcare providers for “excellence in cardiac care.”
Our team specializes in adult cardiac surgery including:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) – a treatment for patients with a narrowed aortic heart valve and who are at high risk for open-heart surgery due to age or other health conditions
- The maze procedure – treats atrial fibrillation with ablation, which creates scar tissue that helps stop the irregular heartbeat
- Heart transplant – we were the first hospital in Broward County to perform this surgery
Whenever possible our surgeons use advanced, minimally invasive surgical procedures. Minimally invasive heart surgery involves a small incision in the chest, rather than a large one along your breastbone.
Advisory: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issues warning about contaminated heater-cooler devices