Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute offers expertise, innovation and advanced cardiac and vascular procedures.
Why Choose Memorial for Heart Surgery
- We have been awarded a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for our patient care and outcomes in coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) and aortic valve replacement (AVR) surgery. This rating is only achieved by 2.4 percent of cardiac surgery programs nationwide
- Our patients have the highest patient satisfaction scores in Broward County, with a rating of 95 percent.
- CareChex has named us among the top ten percent of healthcare providers for “excellence in cardiac care.”
Our team specializes in adult cardiac surgery including:
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) – a treatment for patients with a narrowed aortic heart valve and who are at high risk for open-heart surgery due to age or other health conditions
- The maze procedure – treats atrial fibrillation with ablation, which creates scar tissue that helps stop the irregular heartbeat
- Heart transplant – we were the first hospital in Broward County to perform this surgery
Whenever possible our surgeons use advanced, minimally invasive surgical procedures. Minimally invasive heart surgery involves a small incision in the chest, rather than a large one along your breastbone.
Advisory: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issues warning about contaminated heater-cooler devices