Cardiac and Vascular Surgery
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute offers expertise, innovation and advanced cardiac and vascular procedures.
Why Choose Memorial
- Our cardiac surgery program has consistently earned a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) which is the top rating for cardiac surgery. This is an achievement that only 1.2 percent of cardiovascular centers nationwide can match.
- Our patients have the highest patient satisfaction scores in Broward County, with a rating of 95 percent.
- CareChex has named us among the top 10 percent of healthcare providers for “excellence in cardiac care.”
Our team specializes in adult cardiac surgery including:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) – a treatment for patients with a narrowed aortic heart valve and who are at high risk for open-heart surgery due to age or other health conditions
- The maze procedure – treats atrial fibrillation with ablation, which creates scar tissue that helps stop the irregular heartbeat
- Heart transplant – we were the first hospital in Broward County to perform this surgery
Whenever possible our surgeons use advanced, minimally invasive surgical procedures. Minimally invasive heart surgery involves a small incision in the chest, rather than a large one along your breastbone.
Advisory: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issues warning about contaminated heater-cooler devices
Our specialists in vascular surgery and endovascular surgery offer sophisticated diagnoses and comprehensive treatment of diseases of the circulatory system. Our vascular procedures include:
- Angioplasty and stenting in all vascular territories (carotid, renal, mesenteric, iliac, lower extremity, and brachiocephalic)
- Endovenous and conventional treatment of varicose veins and other venous disorders
- Endovascular and open surgical treatment of peripheral artery aneurysms, including:
- Popliteal arteries