At Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute, we are your complete resource for heart health. Our experts use the latest technology to diagnose and treat heart conditions. No matter your age, your condition or the stage of your disease, you can count on us to provide high-quality care.
There will be some rough spots in the road ahead, but now I know there is hope. Memorial means the world to me. They saved my life.
Heart Care Experts of Broward County
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute treats thousands of cardiac patients each year. This means that when you come to Memorial, you’re treated by experienced doctors and nurses. View our quality and safety data.
Our Heart and Vascular Services
From prevention to diagnosis and treatment, we offer all the resources you need for TotalHeart care. Our heart and vascular services include:
- On-staff cardiologists
- Cardiac and vascular surgery – adult cardiac surgery, including heart transplant, and the detection and treatment of circulatory system (arteries, veins and lymphatic system) conditions
- Electrophysiology – we have one of the most technologically advanced electrophysiology labs in South Florida
- Cardiac rehab – exercise and nutrition guidance to improve your health and reduce your risk for further complications or relapse. Learn more about our cardiac rehab programs at our fitness facilities:
Our Heart Care Technology
We use advanced technology in order to give you the best heart care possible. Our technology includes:
- Angioplasty and stenting procedures – used to help prevent and treat strokes and peripheral vascular disease (PVD). We offer angioplasty through the wrist (radial artery) and through the groin (femoral artery).
- Advanced imaging – including ultrasound, MRI, CT scans, echocardiograms and more, all of which give our doctors the best view of your heart
- Hybrid Cardiac Catheterization Lab – a lab that uses minimally invasive surgical tools to help you have a shorter hospital stay and a faster recovery. Our catheterization lab offers the procedure through the wrist (radial artery) or the groin (femoral artery).
- Extracorporeal life support/extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ELS/ECMO) – a treatment that uses a pump to circulate blood through an artificial lung back into the patient's bloodstream. ECMO gives heart-lung support to patients with life-threatening heart and/or lung failure.
Our Brain Attack Program is a Joint Commission-certified stroke program and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In 2015, more than 1,000 strokes were treated at Memorial and our mortality rate is lower than the national average.