Heart and Vascular Services
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute provides heart and vascular care for the people of South Florida and beyond. As a full-service heart and vascular institute, we diagnose, treat and provide follow-up care to people with a range of heart and vascular conditions.
We’ve built our specialized heart and vascular services around what you need to stay healthy. We can help, whether you are seeking education, preventive care or treatment.
From diagnosis to discharge (and beyond), our heart and vascular services touch patients along all parts of their journey with us. Services include:
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) program: Adults with congenital heart disease need specialized care and treatment. Memorial is the first heart program in all of Florida to earn ACHD accreditation. We offer a full range of services for adults with congenital heart disease. Our support includes everything from pregnancy and exercise clearance to using new devices to treat congenital heart conditions. Learn about our ACHD program.
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU): After surgery or other heart procedures, patients need 24/7 monitoring. Our board-certified cardiac intensivists provide this around-the-clock, specialized care. Learn more about our CVICU.
- Genetic testing for heart conditions: Some heart conditions have a genetic component. We offer genetic testing for congenital heart disease and other hereditary heart conditions. Learning more about your genetic risks can help educate and prepare you and your family. Learn how genetic testing works.
- Heart imaging: We use heart imaging tests to get a closer look at your heart and blood vessels. These images help us better diagnose and treat you. Our cardiologists have the highest level of training available for specialists in heart imaging. They choose the right test for each patient, helping you avoid unnecessary tests. Read about heart imaging.
- Women’s Heart Health Center: More women die from heart disease than any other condition. We are on a mission to educate women and empower them to take charge of their heart health. We offer a variety of heart screenings for women. Even if you think you are at a low risk for heart disease, it’s important to know your numbers. Learn about the screenings we perform at the Women’s Heart Health Center.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about heart and vascular care at Memorial, call 855-400-6284.