How We Diagnose Your Heart Condition
Whether you need a simple diagnostic test or require a more complex examination, your studies will be performed with sophisticated equipment.
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute uses leading-edge equipment to help detect and treat a variety of heart conditions. Our fellowship-trained team members review your images to identify issues and begin designing your personal treatment plan.
Many tests are used to diagnose heart problems, including:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) – measures the electrical activity of your heart
- Echocardiography – evaluates the function of your heart valves, the size of your heart's four chambers and the effectiveness of your heart muscle contraction
- Cardiac MRI – offers a precise scan of your heart and major blood vessels without radiation. Our new MRI scanner has a larger than normal internal diameter, which reduces claustrophobia for larger patients.
- Holter monitoring – a device that records your heart’s activity for 24 to 48 hours or longer
- Stress test – used to measure how well your heart performs during physical activity
- 3D Imaging – this procedure helps a physician locate problems while limiting the dosage of radiation
We also offer a heart screening program for women.