Memorial Cancer Institute is on your side with one of the largest multidisciplinary gynecologic oncology programs in South Florida.
All of our doctors are fellowship-trained to treat patients with ovarian, uterine/endometrial and cervical cancers, as well as many other gynecologic cancers.
Our gynecological oncology treatment program includes minimally invasive procedures and surgeries to diagnose, stage and treat women's cancers. These procedures include:
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Radical pelvic surgery
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy
Our radiation oncology department encompasses the latest technologies and procedures, including:
- Computerized tumor localization
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Trilogy, Image-guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) system, highly precise and accurate treatment, 60% faster than conventional systems
- Brachytherapy HDR Ir 192 remote afterloading technique
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery using CyberKnife System
We also participate in clinical trials for gynecologic cancers.
Training and Accreditation
Several of our radiation oncologist doctors have completed a fellowship in brachytherapy. All of our medical oncologists are members of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and many of our physicians are members of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO), one of the most important organizations in the field of gynecological malignancies.
Patient navigators offer personalized, compassionate guidance from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship.
We take care of the whole person, including appearance, self-esteem and emotional well-being.
We care for people, not a diagnosis. Our support services include acupuncture, massage and more.