Datasource: May's weight-loss story
If you’ve struggled with your weight and dieting has not worked for you, we may be able to help. At the Memorial Weight-Loss Surgery Program, we understand that obesity is a chronic, clinical condition that may be difficult to treat with diet and exercise alone.
This is why we offer a comprehensive approach to weight loss that includes specialized bariatric surgeons, nutritionists and fitness experts working together for your well-being. Obesity not only can limit your ability to be active, it can contribute to serious medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea. Don’t let your weight keep you from living life to the fullest.
Sign up today for a free information session at one of our convenient locations or call 954-276-1400 for more information.
About Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery can help weight loss in three ways:
- Limiting the amount of food you can eat at one time by reducing the functional size of the stomach
- Reducing the amount of calories the small intestine can absorb
- Controlling your hunger for food, by diminishing the hormonal drive to eat
Successfully maintaining weight loss from surgery depends on your commitment to healthy eating and regular exercise.
Datasource: Ray's bariatric surgery story
Bariatric Surgery Options
We offer several bariatric (weight-loss) surgical options. Each surgical option includes a structured follow-up plan, ongoing guidance and support by dedicated experts.
Our procedures include:
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Adjustable gastric banding (Lap Band® System)
- Sleeve gastrectomy
Eligibility for Bariatric Surgery
Datasource: Travelle's weight-loss story
We can help you determine whether weight-loss surgery is the right option for you. The following are general guidelines that help determine if you are eligible for weight-loss surgery.
- Age 18 or older
- Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 40, or 35 to 40 with other significant medical conditions
- Failure to lose weight with physician-guided diets and exercise regimens
- Absence of medical problems that might make surgery unsafe
- Weight loss surgery may be an option for select adolescent patients between the ages of 15 and 17
Cost of Bariatric Surgery
The cost of weight-loss surgery varies. Differences among insurance companies and insurance policies affect the amount of reimbursement a patient receives. Some insurance policies specifically exclude obesity treatment, or they have such strict guidelines for bariatric surgery that many people fail to qualify. If you learn that your insurance does not cover weight-loss surgery, contact our office to discuss other options to help you achieve your goal.
To view a quote for insured and self-pay costs, visit our pricing tool.
Datasource: Tyra's weight loss story
Support After Bariatric Surgery
- Support Groups: Join our weight loss support group meetings. They can help you overcome challenges and provide encouragement after bariatric surgery.
- Bariatric Fitness Program: If you are part of our bariatric weight loss program, you are eligible to receive a free three-month membership at Memorial Fitness Centers. Ask your doctor or clinician for your certificate for this special offer.
Contact UsMemorial Hospital Pembroke
Memorial Weight-Loss Surgery Program
2301 N. University Drive, Suite 103
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027