Mohamad Sirri Tarazi, MD
I am a board-certified obesity medicine specialist at Memorial Healthcare System. I underwent training in the fields of internal medicine, endocrinology and obesity medicine. I also obtained my obesity medicine fellowship training at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.
I work with patients who are overweight or dealing with obesity and who are eager to lose weight and improve their overall health. By optimizing pharmacotherapy and using weight-loss medications, I customize treatment plans for patients who want to pursue medical weight-loss alone or in conjunction with bariatric surgery. I also work closely with the bariatric surgery group here at Memorial Healthcare.
Learning the science of obesity, how to treat it and building programs and resources for the community is both a passion and a mission of mine. I delve deep into each patient’s history to identify their eating patterns and what medical/behavioral/social circumstances led to their weight gain. Then I develop a plan and a roadmap for them to follow, so they can start their weight-loss journey.
I am fascinated by the science and physiology of the endocrine system and the ways it can affect the functions of the body — physically, mentally and behaviorally. I chose to specialize in obesity medicine as I watched the obesity epidemic unfold in our country and around the world.
Obesity continues to rise locally and globally, and I believe obesity should be considered an epidemic and treated as such.
My goal is always to help people fulfill their weight-loss goals, so they can improve their health, confidence and life. I guide, encourage and walk alongside them on their journey.
- Damascus University, 2010
- Rochester General Hospital, 2013, Internal Medicine
- Rochester General Hospital, 2015, Internal Medicine
- State University Of New York At Buffalo, 2017, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- The Obesity Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- Endocrine Society
- American College of Physicians
- Issa, A; Tarazi, MS; Mathew, LM. “Rate of Osteoporosis Screening in Men Vs. Women in an Academic Outpatient Internal Medicine Clinic.” Scholarly abstract presented at AACE annual meeting, Nashville, Tennessee. 2015.
- Tarazi, MS; Ramakrishna, K; Trumbo, R. “Krokodil Bit his Legs (Desomorphine Abuse: the New Flesh-Eating Narcotic). Case report accepted at NY ACP chapter, Staten Island, New York. 2014.