Sonali Talsania, MD
Sonali D. Talsania, MD is a fellowship-trained, board-eligible pediatric ophthalmologist. She has had extensive training in the surgical treatment of strabismus (eye misalignment) in both children and adults. She conducts general pediatric ophthalmologic exams and provides surgical and medical care for a variety of pediatric ophthalmologic conditions, including blocked tear ducts, amblyopia, childhood cataracts, dermoid cyst removal and eyelid droop repair.
Dr. Talsania grew up in Westchester, New York, and spent many years in Boston, where she completed college, medical school and her residency. She graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College with a degree in Biology and was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She received her medical degree from Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Talsania completed her internship at Cambridge Health Alliance, a training hospital in the Harvard medical system, and completed her ophthalmology residency at Boston Medical Center, affiliated with Boston University. She was recognized for her work teaching medical students, and received an award for her research interest in orbital cellulitis in children. She completed a fellowship in the subspecialty of pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at the Duke Eye Center, at Duke University, one of the most well-regarded programs for pediatric ophthalmology training.
Dr. Talsania is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology as well as the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. She has published and presented research with a focus on pediatric ophthalmology.
- Harvard Medical School Harvard University, 2012
- Cambridge Health Alliance, 2013
- Boston University School Of Medicine, 2016, Ophthalmology
- Duke University School Of Medicine, 2017, Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Resident Research Award. Department of Ophthalmology, Boston Medical Center
- Medical Student Teaching Award, Department of Ophthalmology, Boston Medical Center
- NIMH Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Fellowship
- Summa Cum Laude, Biology
- Phi Beta Kappa
- John Harvard Scholar (top 5% of class)
- Harvard College Scholar (top 10% of class)
- Bubble Trouble. 8th Annual Boston International Visiting Professorship in Cornea and External Eye Diseases. Presenter (2014)
- Talsania S, Cama S, Krishnamurthy V, Munir, K. (2010) Emotional and Behavioral Issues in Siblings of Children with Autism in Mumbai, India, Harvard Medical School Soma Weiss Day; Boston, MA.
- Cama S, Krishnamurthy V, Talsania S, Munir, K. (2010) Behavioral Profiles of Typically Developing (TD) Siblings of Children with Autistic Disorder (AD) in Mumbai, India, Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (SDBP) Annual Meeting; Boston, MA.