Fernando Pedraza Taborda, MD
I am the medical director of the Adult Nephrology and Kidney Transplant Program at Memorial Healthcare System. I treat patients with a variety of kidney conditions including hypertension, acute and chronic kidney disease, end-stage kidney disease, kidney stones, glomerulonephritis, and cystic diseases of the kidneys. I also perform evaluation and management for adult kidney transplant candidates, recipients and kidney donors throughout the different stages of renal transplantation and long-term management.
Prior to joining Memorial Healthcare System, I had the privilege of completing my fellowship in nephrology and hypertension at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center. I also served as transplant nephrologist at the Miami Transplant Institute. I dedicate my energy and expertise to helping my patients in an integral way. I enjoy creating bonds of trust and friendship that extend to their families and loved ones.I truly believe the healing process involves multiple areas of knowledge and encompasses all dimensions of a patient's life. Aside from medicine, I am passionate about languages, travel and learning about other cultures. With the diverse population in South Florida, my patients have been a great source of education. I enjoy getting to know them and then traveling to see the cultures and countries that they speak so lovingly about.
Meet Dr. Pedraza Taborda
- Universidad de Caldas, 2000
- Mountainside Hospital, 2009, Internal Medicine
- S.E.S. Hospital de Caldas, 2000
- Mountainside Hospital, 2011, Internal Medicine
- University Of Miami Hospital And Clinics, 2014, Transplant Nephrology
- University Of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2013, Nephrology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Nephrology
Current research interests include kidney transplantation, kidney transplant rejection, transplant immunobiology, chronic kidney disease, hypertension and hepatitis C.
Research projects include:
- Transformative Research in Diabetic Nephropathy, (TRIDENT). Sub-investigator. July 2015
- DUET trial. Sub-investigator. Ongoing
- Protocol RET-D-001: Efficacy and Safety of RE-021 (Sparsentan), a Dual Endothelin Receptor and Angiotensin Receptor Blocker, in Patients with Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS): a Randomized, Double-Blind, Active-Control, Dose-Escalation Study. Sub-investigator. Ongoing
- The Nephrotic Syndrome Study Network, (NEPTUNE Trial). Sub Investigator. Ongoing.
- 2006-08: Frontage, (Advanced Biomedical Research); I designed and implemented clinical trials involving phase I-IV studies in accordance with sponsor-defined protocols.