Sima Parikh, MD
I am a pediatric neurologist and epileptologist at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. I care for children with epilepsy, development delays, autism, ADHD, headaches, seizures and other neurological disorders.
When I was introduced to this field of medicine during my training, I knew it was my calling to help children with neurological disorders.
I am very straightforward and honest with all of the families I work with. I want all parents to have a full understanding of their child’s condition, possible expectations for the child and all potential treatment options. I also want to address each family’s unique struggles and concerns. Together, we will choose treatment protocols to meet your child’s needs, while helping your family to manage treatment of the condition.
In addition to my medical education, I have a clinical epilepsy certification and am an active member of the American Epilepsy Society.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Parikh
- Virginia Commonwealth U Medical Virginia, 2009
- Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, 2011, Pediatrics
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2014, Pediatric Neurology
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, 2015, Epilepsy
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship, 2005-2007
- Dean’s List Scholarship, 2001-2005
- Magna cum laude, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2005
- Greek Scholar Award, 2004, 2005
- National Dean’s List Recipient, 2004
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society, 2002
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society
- American Epilepsy Society
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center; review of surgical epilepsy cases of patients on the ketogenic diet to aid in perioperative management. (Children’s Medical Center of Dallas; Dallas, Texas, 2013-2014)
- National Institutes of Health–Summer Research Fellowship Program; assisted with a clinical research study of the effects of Thyroid Hormone on peripheral adipose tissue. (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney; Bethesda, Maryland, 2006)
- Recognition and Prevention Program (RAP), focusing on research on schizophrenia; aided in building a reference library for research on the schizophrenia prodrome and conducted initial evaluations of patients with schizophrenia, including the Warshak test.(Long Island Jewish-Hillside Hospital; Queens, New York, 2002)
- Parikh S, Iannaccone S, Castro D. Abs of Steel. 35th Carrell-Krusen Neuromuscular Symposium; 2013 Feb 14-15; Dallas, TX.
- Intern review: Acute management of Meningitis and Myasthenia Gravis Crisis (November 2012)
- Journal Club: Surgical Outcomes for Intractable Epilepsy in Children with Epileptic Spasms (September 2011)
- Case Report: Abdominal Myokymia (April 2012)