Andrey Lima, MD
I am a neurointerventional surgeon at Memorial Neuroscience Institute, where I specialize in treating patients with stroke and brain aneurysms. Working with a multidisciplinary team, having advanced neuroimaging, I am able provide medical treatment and neuroendovascular surgery for large vessel occlusions and neurocritical care.
As a comprehensive stroke center, we offer patients outstanding neurovascular care close to home. When a neurovascular emergency strikes, you can rest assured that we are here to help. The most rewarding part of my job is performing emergency surgery on a patient, and then seeing them walking and talking the next day.
After medical school, I received specialized training in vascular neurology at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia; endovascular neurosurgery at Baptist Neurological Institute in Jacksonville, Florida; and endovascular surgical neuroradiology at Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute.
It is a privilege to treat the Broward community, where I began my journey to become a physician. I remain devoted to making a positive impact on the community through education and delivery of excellent healthcare.Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Lima
- Ross University School of Medicine, 2009
- University Of Mississippi Medical Center, 2011, Internal Medicine
- University Of Mississippi Medical Center, 2014, Neurology
- Baptist Hospital Of Miami, 2017, NeuroInterventional Radiology
- Baptist Neurological Institute, 2016, Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Emory University School of Medicine, 2015, Vascular Neurology
- Society of Neurointerventional Surgery (SNIS)
- Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN)
- Throughout my training and career in private practice, my research has focused on improving the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and acute ischemic stroke treatment.
- “Multicenter Experience in North America to Treat Wide Necked Aneurysm with LVIS Jr. Device”. Presented at the 2016 World Live Neurovascular Conference. May 2016.
- “Severe Hypoperfusion and Outcomes after Optimized Endovascular Therapy”. Presented at the 2015 Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology Annual Meeting.
- “Endovascular intervention for Acute Stroke in the Elderly: To do or not to do?” Guest speaker. Innovations in Neuroscience conference. August 2015.
- “Early Dramatic Improvement after Endovascular Reperfusion in Acute Ischemic Stroke” Presented at the 2015 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting
- “Predictors of Good outcome in the Elderly following
- Endovascular Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke”. Presented at the 2014 Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology Annual Meeting
- “Retrospective Analysis to identify the Management of Ischemic Stroke in the Pediatric population at the University of Mississippi for the past Ten years” 2013 Neuroscience Grand rounds
- “Does Advanced Imaging Delay Time to Administration of Intravenous rt-PA in the Acute Ischemic Stroke patient?” Presented at the 2012 International Stroke Conference Annual Meeting
- “Isolated Unilateral Ptosis due to Mesencephalic Stroke”. Presented at 2012 North American Neuro-Opthalmology Society Annual Meeting