Syeda Hussain, MD, MPH
Outpatient Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
I am a primary care physician at Memorial Healthcare System. I am board certified in both internal medicine and nephrology.
As a primary care physician, I provide routine medical care as well as specialized care for patients with conditions including hypertension, type 2 diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and congestive heart failure. I also have a special interest in the renal aspect of diabetes and hypertension.
I believe a primary care physician's most important job is to develop lifelong relationships with their patients and provide continuity of care. Building trust is a critical component to all patient/physician relationships. I spend significant time listening to my patients’ medical problems and concerns, getting to know them and finding ways I can help them improve their health.
The best part about being a physician is knowing that I play some role in improving someone’s quality of life.
At Memorial Primary Care, we ensure we are available whenever patients need us. We provide same-day or next-day appointments and can be reached in a variety of ways – including via phone or electronically through MyChart. Our goal is to support our patients and provide comprehensive medical care that will enhance their health and their lives.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Hussain
- Sindh Medical College, 2006
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, 2012, Internal Medicine
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, 2014, Internal Medicine
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus), 2016, Nephrology
American Board of Internal Medicine-Nephrology
- Hussain SF, Khan S, Katerji I, Stein R, Paner A. Challenges in the treatment of Evans Syndrome. American College of Physicians Northern Illinois, Nov 2011, Chicago, IL
- Shah P, Hussain SF, Hanif T. Adjunctive phenobarbital use in the management of severe alcohol withdrawal in the intensive care unit. SCCM, Jan 2013, Puerto Rico
- Alsara A, Azar S, Ashraf MS, Hussain SF, Treitman A. Chicago Disease: A Clinical Vignette” Abstract to ACP Northern IL Chapter Meeting, Nov 2011