Syeda Hussain, MD, MPH
Outpatient Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
I am a primary care physician at Memorial Healthcare System. I am board certified in both internal medicine and nephrology.
As a primary care physician, I provide routine medical care as well as specialized care for patients with conditions including hypertension, type 2 diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and congestive heart failure. I also have a special interest in the renal aspect of diabetes and hypertension.
I believe a primary care physician's most important job is to develop lifelong relationships with their patients and provide continuity of care. Building trust is a critical component to all patient/physician relationships. I spend significant time listening to my patients’ medical problems and concerns, getting to know them and finding ways I can help them improve their health.
The best part about being a physician is knowing that I play some role in improving someone’s quality of life.
At Memorial Primary Care, we ensure we are available whenever patients need us. We provide same-day or next-day appointments and can be reached in a variety of ways – including via phone or electronically through MyChart. Our goal is to support our patients and provide comprehensive medical care that will enhance their health and their lives.
Related Medical Services
- Sindh Medical College, 2006
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, 2012, Internal Medicine
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, 2014, Internal Medicine
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus), 2016, Nephrology
American Board of Internal Medicine-Nephrology
- Hussain SF, Khan S, Katerji I, Stein R, Paner A. Challenges in the treatment of Evans Syndrome. American College of Physicians Northern Illinois, Nov 2011, Chicago, IL
- Shah P, Hussain SF, Hanif T. Adjunctive phenobarbital use in the management of severe alcohol withdrawal in the intensive care unit. SCCM, Jan 2013, Puerto Rico
- Alsara A, Azar S, Ashraf MS, Hussain SF, Treitman A. Chicago Disease: A Clinical Vignette” Abstract to ACP Northern IL Chapter Meeting, Nov 2011