Scott Grayner, MD
I am an urgent care physician at Memorial Healthcare System, where I provide care for patients with an array of medical needs.
I am board certified in family and sports medicine. Throughout my career, I have cared for patients with acute and long-term medical concerns, as well as those recovering from a variety of injuries in Pennsylvania, Florida, Louisiana and Alabama. This experience, coupled with working as an emergency medicine physician, has provided me with a diverse background of medical training and experience to effectively evaluate and treat patients seen in the urgent care setting.
In addition to my work as a civilian physician, I also served as a physician in the United States Air Force for more than three years. While stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa, I was chief of family medicine and chairman of the pain treatment oversight committee. I was honored to serve as clinical faculty at USF School of Medicine, and deployed to Haiti on a humanitarian mission for nearly two months following the devastating earthquake in 2010.
When meeting a new patient, my first priority is to clinically assess the severity of their condition and quickly determine if immediate medical treatment is required. Next, I attentively listen to all of their concerns, discuss contributing factors, and develop a treatment plan best suited for them. Lastly, I strive to address any questions, and provide clarification in an effort to counsel and educate patients and any family members present. My hope is to empower patients and assist them in feeling confident about taking charge of their health.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Grayner
- Kigezi International School of Medicine, 2004
- St Luke's University Health Network, 2008, Family Medicine
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center, 2014, Sports Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine-Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine-Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Medical College of Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Florida Medical Association