Jonathan Cross, MD
I am a neurologist who treats patients with a variety of conditions including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, headaches, neck and back pain, neuropathy, and a multitude of other brain and nerve-related issues.
I enjoy the doctor-patient interaction and allow the appropriate time for my patients. My office strives to provide and meet prompt appointment times so that I can focus on performing thorough examinations and understanding the unique needs and concerns of each individual patient. My desire is to take care of my community, one patient at a time.
In addition to providing patient care, I offer community lectures and educational opportunities on stroke prevention and post-stroke treatment. In the past, I served as an associate professor for Barry University’s Physician Assistant Program and medical stroke director at another community hospital. I am also fellowship trained in electromyography, nerve conduction studies and neuromuscular disease.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Cross
- University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine, 1995
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Hematology/Oncology, 1996, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1999, Neuromuscular Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Hematology/Oncology, 2000, Neurology
- Cor Vitae Stroke Award, American Heart Association, 2013
- Physicians of the Quarter, Aventura Hospital, 2009
- Pharmacia and Upjohn Outstanding Research Award in CNS, 1999
I have been involved in numerous clinical research trials to assess the effectiveness of tests, treatments and medications currently under review. Recent studies include:
- Partnership in Visionary Investigators Network
- AXOVANT Study: Principal investigator, 2017-present
- GERAS Study: Principal investigator, 2017-present
- IDEAS Study: Co-investigator, 2016-present
- STROKE-AF Study: Co-principal investigator, 2016-present
- SOCRATES Study: Principal investigator, 2014-16
- REDUCE Study: Co-investigator, 2012-14
- ERICH Study: Co-investigator, 2001-15