David Coradin, MD
I am an internal medicine primary care physician and geriatric specialist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with a variety of illnesses and injuries. I specialize in geriatric medicine where I treat patients with hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, urinary retention, memory problems and other common conditions of older adults.
Growing up, I always knew I wanted to become a doctor. I saw doctors as special individuals who had the ability and knowledge to help someone's loved ones feel better when they were unwell. As I became a doctor myself, I learned that the beauty of medicine is not the treatment of disease but the building of relationships in the process of caring.
I chose to specialize in internal medicine and geriatric care because it allows me the opportunity to manage a wide variety of conditions involving all of the organ systems of the body, encompassing whole health instead of partitioned health. Geriatric medicine is a pure extension of this. Just as children benefit from pediatric care, I believe older adults also benefit from specialized care to deal with particular situations including falls and gait impairment, urinary problems, dizziness, memory challenges, changes in mood, polypharmacy, and even palliative and end-of-life care.
Wellness is not only medical; it's the intersection of the way we think, our emotional health, and the social landscape of our life. A visit with me will incorporate assessments in the physical, mental, social, and functional domains with personalized care plans in each area.
I absolutely love when my patients ask me questions about their health and partake in the decision-making process for their treatments and lifestyle choices. I believe that it’s not just a matter of how long your life is, but how well you live during the time you have. I love working with my patients to make the time they have be the best that it possibly can be.
At Memorial Primary Care, we make ourselves available whenever patients need us, and can provide same-day or next-day appointments. I can also be reached by phone or electronically through MyChart.
In addition to my work as a doctor, I am an accomplished husband of 12 years and have a daughter. I am a graduate of the Physician Leadership Academy of South Florida and the director of health services at non-profit "Casa Esperanza Project" where we provide health fairs for the community.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Coradin
- Universidad Iberoamericana, 2014
- Florida Atlantic University, 2017, Internal Medicine
- Florida Atlantic University, 2019, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami, 2020, Geriatric Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- 2020 American College of Physicians Quality Improvement Excellence Award, 2020
- Health Fair Outreach Award, FAU Medicine, 2019
- PGY-3 Colleague of the Year, 2019
- The Most Inspiring Resident Award, FAU Medicine, 2019
- Quality Improvement Project Winner, FAU Medicine, 2019
- Volunteerism Certificate of Appreciation, 2018
- American Geriatrics Society Fellow
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Reyes, R; Coradin, D, Reyes, B; Engstrom, G; Ouslander, J, Adherence to the 2013 AHA/ ACC Cholesterol Treatment Guidelines for Secondary Prevention after Stroke among Patients Aged 75 Years and Older, Retrospective Observational Study with Patient Data from STAR Program. Presenting at American Geriatric Society May 2020.
- Cevallos, D; Coradin, D; Ruiz, S; Cevallos, V; Mintzer, M.J.; Ruiz, J.G, Social Determinants of Health Associated with Mortality Among Older US Veterans Who Became Frail. Presenting at American Geriatric Society May 2020.
- Coradin, D; Dhana, K, Acute Urinary Retention Management in Skilled Nursing Facility. Oral Presentation for Medical Staff. MorseLife Health System. February 2020.
- Coradin, D; Checketts, M; Bhinder, P; Bensadon, B, Shifting the Paradigm: Integrating Behavioral Health & Internal Medicine Residency Training, Oral Presentation, Southern Group on Educational Affairs: Shifting Paradigms in Medical Education, Association of American Medical Colleges, Regional Meeting; Jackson, MS. April 2018.
- Coradin, D; Zahra, T, Gastroenterology Intern Survival Series, Oral Presentation, Academic Half Day. August 2017.