David Briston, MD
Dr. David Briston is a pediatric and adult congenital cardiologist. He is board certified in pediatrics, internal medicine, pediatric cardiovascular medicine and adult congenital heart disease. He completed the two year training pathway toward accreditation in adult congenital heart disease.
Dr. Briston earned his medical degree at West Virginia University, and was a resident at Jackson Memorial Hospital and Holtz Children’s Hospital/ University of Miami. He completed his pediatric cardiology fellowship at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore/Albert Einstein College of Medicine and his adult congenital cardiology fellowship at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center/ Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Related Medical Services
- West Virginia University School Of Medicine, 2009
- Jackson Memorial Medical Center, 2010, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2013, Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital At Montefiore, 2016, Pediatric Cardiology
- Nationwide Children's Hospital, 2018, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric Cardiology
American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Congenital Heart Disease: Not Just a Kid’s Problem. Cardiovascular Institute Grand Rounds Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute. September 26, 2018. Orlando, FL.
- Transition of Care with focus on Congenital Heart Disease. Florida Hospital for Children General Pediatrics Grand Rounds. October 25, 2017. Orlando, FL.
- Eisenmenger Syndrome in Adult Congenital Heart Disease. Adult Congenital Heart Disease Division Grand Rounds. September 29, 2017. Columbus, OH.
- Monthly Maternal-Fetal Medicine / Cardiology / Anesthesia Pregnancy meeting, monthly starting July 11, 2017. Columbus, OH.
- Transplantation in Adult Congenital Heart Disease. Adult Congenital Heart Disease Division Journal Club. May 12, 2017. Columbus, OH.
- Acquired von Willebrand’s Syndrome in Adult Congenital Heart Disease Patients. Adult Congenital Heart Disease Division Journal Club. March 3, 2017. Columbus, OH.
- Connective Tissue Disease and Pregnancy. Combined High-Risk Maternal Fetal Medicine, Anesthesia and Cardiology Grand Rounds. February 14, 2017. Columbus, OH.
- Cause of Death: An Analysis of the German National Register for Congenital Heart Defects. Adult Congenital Heart Disease Division Journal Club. January 13, 2017. Columbus, OH.
- Cardiac evaluation of Non-Cardiac Surgery. Pediatric Heart Center Grand Rounds. March 14, 2016. Bronx, NY.
- Myocardial segmentation. Echocardiography Conference. Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Division of Pediatric Cardiology. February 5, 2016. Bronx, NY.
- Effect of exercise training on cardiac remodeling in children and young adults with corrected Tetralogy of Fallot or Fontan circulation. Pediatric Heart Center Journal Club. January 4, 2016.
- EKG Basics for Housestaff. Monthly talk in PICU curriculum. Monthly engagement from November 2015- June 2016. Bronx, NY.
- David A Briston and Ali N. Zaidi. National Cost Analysis in Adult Congenital Heart Disease: A Rising Paradigm. Adult Congenital Heart Association Annual Meeting, 2014. Pediatric Heart Center, Children's Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine; Bronx, NY.
- Aarthi Sabanayagam, David A Briston, Jose Taveras, Linda Haramati, Ali N. Zaidi. Anomalous Right Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery (ARCAPA) in a Multiparous Woman with Left Ventricular Dysfunction. 25th Annual International Symposium on Adult Congenital Heart Disease, June 2015; Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- David A Briston, Elisa Bradley, Aarthi Sabanayagam, Ali Zaidi. Rising Costs of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Care: Does Gender Matter? American Heart Association 2015 Scientific Sessions, Nov 6, 2015. Circulation. 2015; 132: Poster A18744; Orlando, FL.
- David A Briston, Aarthi Sabanayagam, Ali Zaidi. Obesity and Tetralogy of Fallot over Time. ACHD Skamania Symposium, June 3, 2016; Stevenson, WA.
- Benjamin Hendrickson, Trisha Gribble, Damilola Olatunji, David A Briston, Pamela Goldsmith, Matthew Granger, Krista Kukovec, Renee Schnug, Rami Khayat, Curt Daniels, Elisa Bradley Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Adult Congenital Heart Disease: Who is at Risk? ACC Scientific Sessions, March 17, 2017. Poster 1142-011; Washington, DC.
- Abdur Rahman Ahmad, David A Briston, Pedro Villablanca, Danny Simms, Omar Saeed, Jacqueline Lamour, Daphne Hsu, Daniel Goldstein, Giles Peek, Ulrich Jorde, Ali Zaidi. Ventricular Assist Device in Adults with Congenital Heart Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Adult Congenital Heart Association 8th Annual Meeting, June 2, 2017; Orlando, FL. 5
- David A Briston, Avirup Guha, Nicole Zubizarreta, Elisa Bradley. Pregnancy in CHD: Analysis of maternal cardiovascular hospitalizations. 27th Annual International Symposium on Adult Congenital Heart Disease, September 15, 2017; Cincinnati, OH.
- David A Briston, Avirup Guha, Nicole Zubizarreta, Elisa Bradley. Women’s Initiative in the Study of Hospitalizations in Adult Congenital Heart Disease. American College of Cardiology, Oral Abstract, March 12, 2018; Orlando, FL.