Mark Bridges, MD
I am an orthopedic surgeon at Memorial Healthcare System. I specialize in sports medicine, arthroscopic ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair, shoulder stabilization and fracture care. I also have extensive experience in total joint replacement of the shoulder, hip and knee.
I was inspired to pursue a career in orthopedics after my personal experience being treated for a torn ACL and meniscus. I decided I wanted to help patients who were injured or in pain recover and regain functionality.
I treat every patient the way I would treat a family member. I promise to take the time to listen to your concerns and symptoms, and explain all of the treatment options so you can choose the one that works best for you.
Throughout my career, I have worked with numerous high school and college athletes, as well as professional football players in the NFL and the Canadian Football League.
I am a Miami native and love caring for the South Florida community. In addition to providing patient care, I also have the privilege of mentoring college and graduate students who will become the next generation of physicians.
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine, 1997
- Temple University Hospital, 1998
- Montefiore Medical Center, 2003
- Orthopaedic Research of Virginia Program, 2004, Sports Medicine
- Thal R, Nofziger M, Bridges M, Kim JJ: Arthroscopic Bankart Repair Using Knotless or BioKnotless Suture Anchors: 2-to 7-year results. Arthroscopy 2007, 23: 4: 367-375.
- Christofidou-Solomidou M, Bridges MW, Murphy GF, Albelda SM, Delisser HM: Expression and Function of Endothelial Cell alpha-v Integrin Receptors in Wound-Induced Human Angiogenesis in Human Skin/SCID Mice Chimeras. Am J Pathol 1997, 151: 975-983.
- Bridges MW, Tindel N: CT analysis of normal rotatory motion at the C1-C2 facet joint
2003 Annual Meeting of the National Medical Association, Orthopaedic Resident Presentations. August 2003
- Bridges MW, Dorfman H, Seimon LP: Gorham-Stout disease involving the foot:
A case report with 17-year follow-up. Resident Night Presentations – The Pediatric Orthopaedic Club of New York. May 2001