Gil Abramovici, MD
Hollywood, FL 33021
Hollywood, FL 33021
I am a psychiatrist at Memorial Healthcare System where I care for hospitalized adults with complex psychiatric illnesses including mood disorders, psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders and substance use disorders.
I treat patients who are hospitalized specifically for their psychiatric illness, as well as those hospitalized for medical issues who have a psychiatric condition simultaneously including psychiatric issues involving pregnant patients. I work with my patients to develop a targeted treatment plan consisting of both psychotherapies and pharmacological agents tailored to their specific needs.
I became a psychiatrist to help others. My work allows me to help patients not only from a biological perspective utilizing pharmacotherapy, but also to address and treat psychological and social factors affecting them as well. Every patient has a unique story to tell, and it's my job to factor in all the issues that may be playing a role in their presentation.
In addition to my clinical work, I have the privilege of educating medical students rotating from Florida Atlantic University, Nova Southeastern University and Florida International University. I also work with podiatry residents during their required rotation in psychiatry.
I am closely involved in psychiatry resident education as a core faculty member involved in teaching and mentoring psychiatry residents at Memorial. In addition, I look forward to serving as chair of the Program Evaluation Committee for the Psychiatry Residency Program. I'm passionate about sharing my knowledge with trainees, and teaching the next generation of physicians how to be competent, compassionate providers who truly love working with our patient population as I do.
It's a privilege to work with my patients. It is deeply satisfying to see them and their families' lives improve for the better. I also love that my work is a life-long learning endeavor, with the knowledge used to heal and help people in need.
- Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 2010
- Cambridge Health Alliance, 2011
- University Of Texas @ Austin, 2016, Psychiatry
- Yale Univ Sch Of Medicine, 2013, Diagnostic Radiology
- University Of Texas @ Austin, 2017, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Radiological Society of North America Trainee Research Prize
- Best Scientific Paper at the Annual RSNA Conference (Breast Category), 2009
- NIH/ORWH “Moving into the Future New Dimensions and Strategies for Women's Health Research,” Scientific Writer for Conference Proceedings, 2009
- Rhode Island Radiology Society Award, Awarded by the Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University Department of Radiology, 2010
- “Eating Disorders” - Memorial GME - Internal Medicine Resident Lecture Series Memorial West Hospital, Pembroke Pines, FL, November 27, 2018
- “An Entrée into Eating Disorders” Memorial Center for Behavioral Health Lunch & Learn Memorial Regional Hospital, Hollywood, FL, November 28, 2018
- Abramovici G, Kruse L, Paller AS. Imaging in Suspected Cook’s Syndrome Midwest Pediatric Dermatology Conference, Chicago, IL November 2013.
- Abramovici G, Ahn SH, Prince EA, Dubel G, Soares G. Endovenous Laser Ablation of the Great Saphenous Vein: Does Laser Tip Position below the Superficial Epigastric Vein Affect Its Patency? Feb 2010. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology Supplement 35th Annual Scientific Meeting, Society of Interventional Radiology, Tampa, FL March 2010.
- Abramovici G, Mainiero MB. Screening Breast MRI: Comparison of Interpretation of Baseline and Annual Follow-up Studies. RSNA ’09 Scientific Program, 95th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Radiologic Society of North America, Arie Crown Theater, Chicago, IL December 2009.