Testing for COVID-19
For the safety of our patients and staff, we encourage anyone wishing to be tested for COVID-19 to call 954-276-4680 to register and schedule an appointment at C.B. Smith Park. Memorial Emergency Departments (ERs), Urgent Care Centers and Memorial Pembroke 24/7 Care Center are not official community testing sites.
How to Get a COVID-19 Test
A telephone registration process has been established to pre-qualify individuals before they come to C.B. Smith Park COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Collection site. All adults and children will be able to complete criteria screening on the phone ahead of time, which is required in order to get tested at the park.
How to Register for a COVID-19 Test?
- Call 954-276-4680 to register.
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Every person who wants to be tested at this site must be registered. The registration process will optimize capacity and make the entire process as efficient as possible.
- Everyone who calls to register – and meets the criteria for testing – will be provided a confirmation number, and a pre-packet will be waiting at the park for them.
- If multiple individuals are coming in one car, each individual must be registered.
Who Should Call to Register for a COVID-19 Test?
Anyone meeting the following criteria:
- All South Florida residents 18 years and older who are asymptomatic (no symptoms) or symptomatic
- All children 18 or younger regardless of exposure or symptoms.
- Re-testing individuals with previous COVID-19 positive results. Individuals must wait at least 14 days from their initial positive test to be retested.
- All individuals with a previous COVID-19 positive result
Find COVID-19 Test Sites Near You
If you are a resident or visitor and would like to get tested for COVID-19, please use the links below to find a COVID-19 test site closest to you.
What to Do If?
Where should I go if I have severe symptoms related to COVID-19?
If you are experiencing the following serious symptoms, please go to the nearest emergency department or call 911.
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
You will be subject to a screening exam and it will be determined if a test is medically necessary.
If you are NOT experiencing the above severe symptoms, it is highly recommended you:
- Speak to your physician to assess you, and direct you on next steps
- If you do not have a doctor, Memorial offers telehealth visits through:
- Schedule a free appointment with the C.B. Smith Park COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Collection site at 954-276-4680
What to Expect at C.B. Smith Park
- People must have their ID (i.e., driver’s license, passport or state issued ID) ready to show upon arrival.
- The registrant’s name will be verified with the pre-packet.
- Once registrant is verified, the Florida National Guard will provide additional direction.
- There is no medical treatment available at the site. It’s strictly for test collection.
- People who've registered to be tested should enter the park via the intersection of Flamingo Road and Johnson Street.
- Registrants will be routed through the park to the screening station.
- You must be in a vehicle. The test site is drive-thru only and not equipped to assist pedestrians and bikers, who will not be allowed to enter.
- Nurses, wearing personal protective equipment, will screen registrants.
- If the person meets the above criteria, the nurse will place a placard in the windshield for the registrant to continue to the testing tents.
At the Testing Station
- A medic wearing PPE will collect a sample with the swab of the nostril.
- A service member will write the information from the registrants placard to the bio-hazard bag, and another will collect the sample and place it in the bag.
- After the sample is in the bio-hazard bag, it will be refrigerated until it is shipped to a vendor for examination.