Safety & Appointment Information
POSTPONING ELECTIVE PROCEDURES - 8/5/21
Your safety is our top priority. Always.
After carefully considering the most recent healthcare data related to the COVID-19 pandemic in South Florida and ongoing assessment of resources, Memorial Healthcare System is postponing all elective, non-urgent and non-emergency procedures effective Monday, August 9, 2021, at the following locations:
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Memorial Hospital West
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
- Memorial Regional Hospital
Memorial Regional Hospital South and Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital will continue to operate normally, while regularly reviewing all scheduled procedures to ensure that they can be performed in safely.
Memorial Health System continues to provide all emergency care, outpatient diagnostic procedures, including radiology and laboratory services, as well as outpatient rehabilitation.
We are committed to the safety of our community as we monitor the progression of the pandemic in South Florida and continue to care for COVID-19 patients, as well as patients with non-COVID-19 medical needs.
Patients should contact their physician to check on the status of their previously scheduled surgery or procedure.
What We Are Doing To Keep You Safe
As we adapt to a new normal, we want to reassure our patients that Memorial has always placed patient safety at the forefront.
To preserve the well-being of our patients, families, staff, and physicians, we have put extra precautionary measures in place throughout our physician practices and hospitals.
Please see our updated visitor policy for the latest information.
- Staff pre-screen themselves for signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at home.
- Everyone, including patients and employees in patient care areas, are screened for fever and other signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Screenings take place every shift and are in compliance with CDC guidelines.
- All of our staff wear masks at all times and practice physical distancing.
- Patients are to arrive with their own personal protective face mask in place.
- Appointment schedules have been modified to space out patient care to limit contact.
- We offer “wait-less waiting rooms” where you will have minimal to no contact with other patients during your in-person visit.
- Patients who have the means to pre-register from home will be asked to do so prior to arriving to their appointment. Once pre-registered, upon arrival to the office, patients will be taken straight to an exam room.
- In cases where patients do not have the means to pre-register prior to arriving to their appointment, physical layout of the waiting rooms have been altered to observe physical distancing.
- All patient care areas are thoroughly disinfected after each patient visit.
Memorial Physician Group adult specialties will continue to offer In-person office visits and telehealth appointments.
All our adult specialty and primary care practices offer telehealth and telephone visits, which means patients can communicate with their doctor without physically going to their office.
If you're scheduling a telehealth appointment online, please add "Telehealth" to the "Reason for Visit" field. A staff member will contact you to confirm your visit and provide you with further instructions.
If you prefer scheduling a telehealth appointment, we recommend creating a MyChart account. MyChart will help you communicate with your physician and your care team as well as provide you access to test results, appointment reminders and medical record.
Our Commitment To You
We appreciate your patience during this time of uncertainty. One thing that is certain is Memorial’s commitment to keeping its community safe and healthy; we are here for you and will continue to support you.