Let’s Stop the Spread of COVID-19
How to Protect Yourself and the Community
We all play a role in preserving the health of our families, friends, co-workers and neighbors. Do your part to help keep others safe. Routine use of these measures by individuals and their families will help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Read our latest article, Why We Should Take Safety Seriously, from our infectious disease specialist, Paula Eckardt, MD, and pediatric pulmonologist, Juan Martinez, MD.
Datasource: Stop the spread
Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 by Avoiding the 3 C's
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Florida Department of Health recommends taking the following precautions.
Avoid the Three C's
- Closed spaces with poor ventilation
- Crowded places with many people nearby
- Close-contact settings such as close range (face-to-face) conversation.
For more information about COVID-19 in Florida, please visit FloridaHealthCOVID19.gov.
Simple Things You Can Do to Stop the Spread
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms.
Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth. They are the favorite portals of entry for the virus.
Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol when soap and water are not available.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Using your hands to cover your mouth provides a means to spread the disease when you use door handles, computers, cell phones and other frequently touched surfaces.
Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
Probability of Contagion
To help visualize how respiratory illness spreads, the graphic below shows how proper mask usage, along with physical distancing, can reduce the risk of exposure.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
These resources are compiled from the Florida Department of Health, World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help you learn more about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Testing in South Broward
Signs & Symptoms Information
- CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 poster English | Spanish — PDF
- What to do if you are sick with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) English | Spanish | Simplified Chinese — PDF
Stop the Spread
- How to Wash Your Hands — Video
- What You Need to Know About Handwashing (closed caption with no audio) — Video
- Cloth Face Coverings Recommendations and DIY
- Stop the spread of germs poster English | Spanish | Simplified Chinese — PDF
- Downloadable community resource fact sheets — PDF
- Live, Work, Learn and Play Guidelines
Wellness & Safety
See a trusted doctor from your computer or mobile device
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) you can use our telehealth services through MyChart or MemorialDocNow to have a doctor assess you and direct you and your family on next steps.