Coronavirus Test Collection Site Phone Registration
A new telephone pre-registration process has been established to reduce wait time at the C.B. Smith Park COVID-19 Drive-Thru Test Collection site.
People will be able to complete the crucial criteria screening and provide demographical information ahead of time, which is required in order to get tested at the park.
COVID-19 Test Collection Site Reservation Line
Hours of Reservation Line
Call 954-276-4680 starting Monday, March 23, 2020, from 1 pm to 5:30 pm.
Daily starting Tuesday March 24, 2020 (7 days a week) from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Everyone who calls to register – and meets the criteria for testing – will be provided a confirmation number, and a pre-packet will be waiting at the park for them.
- If multiple individuals are coming in one car, each individual must be pre-registered.
- Must bring identification.
- Every person who wants to be tested at this site must be pre-registered. The pre-registration process will optimize capacity and make the entire process as efficient as possible.
Who Should Call to Register?
Anyone meeting the following criteria:
- First responders: (essential personnel) police, fire-rescue and hospital workers who are symptomatic.
- 65 years or older with chronic conditions and symptomatic.
- Individuals who meet the testing criteria: symptomatic, have travelled internationally by cruise or air or from an affected geographical area.
- Immune compromised and symptomatic.
What to Expect at the Site
- People must have their ID ready to show upon arrival. The registrant’s name will be verified with the pre-packet.
- Once registrant is verified, the Florida National Guard will provide additional direction.
There is no medical treatment available at the site. It’s strictly for test collection.
Please note that if you are asymptomatic, or just feeling mild flu-like symptoms and are not in a high-risk category, do not come to the testing site. Stay home, self-isolate, and rest. You may also consult with your physician or use telehealth to consult a doctor about your symptoms or go to your nearest emergency room if you are in severe distress.
Obtaining Test Results
- Memorial Healthcare System clinical teams will notify all registrants of positive and negative results by phone.
- Registrants who provided an e-mail address during registration will receive links to register to Memorial My Chart or to Quest Laboratory to receive results electronically.
The establishment of the drive-thru operation is part of Governor Ron DeSantis's initiative to extend COVID-19 testing in Florida. The CB Smith Park testing operation is a multiagency effort and includes support from: Broward County Parks and Recreation, Broward Emergency Management, Broward Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Division of Emergency Management, Florida Department of Health, Florida Highway Patrol, Florida National Guard, Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines Police Department, Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue and Quest Diagnostics.
Kerting Baldwin, Memorial Healthcare System
Captain Al Xiques, Pembroke Pines Police Department
Florida Department of Military Affairs - Public Affairs Office
904-823-0166 or 0170