Rotation: PED 406-1
Length: 2 or 4 weeks
- Patient Care: Provide family centered patient care that is developmentally and age appropriate, compassionate, and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health
- Medical Knowledge: Understand the scope of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social-behavioral knowledge needed by a pediatrician; demonstrate the ability to acquire, critically interpret and apply this knowledge in patient care.
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication: Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in information exchange and partnering with patients, their families and professional associates.
- Practice-based Learning and Improvement: Demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for continuous self-assessment, using scientific methods and evidence to investigate, evaluate, and improve one’s patient care practice.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to diversity.
- Systems-Based Practice: Understand how to practice quality health care and advocate for patients within the context of the health care system.
Objectives: The rotation will cover the following (but not limited to); asthma, severe asthma, BPD, neuromuscular disease, cystic fibrosis, ventilators, trachs, and may have the ability to observe a Bronchoscope.
Additional Information and Description: 2 or 4 weeks rotating with different nurse practitioners/physicians.Recommended Reading