In order to provide a uniform process for verifying residency/fellowship training for credentialing purposes, the Sponsoring Institution has adopted a standard Verification of Graduate Medical Education and Training (VGMET) form. The Verification Policy applies to all graduate medical education training programs at Memorial Healthcare System.
Residency/fellowship training verification forms are processed by the individual programs. Listed below are the Memorial Healthcare System programs and their direct contact information.
|Cardiovascular Disease||Meredith Salkeyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hematology and Medical Oncology||Meredith Salkeyemail@example.com|
|Internal Medicine||Francisco Gonzalez
All requests must be accompanied by the resident’s signed authorization to release information.
All requests should come directly from the entity requesting the verification, with the exception of state licensing forms.
Download the VGMET form, which is completed for free for recent graduates up to one year after graduation. For all other graduates the administrate service fee is $65.00.
- Payment is accepted by check or money order and should be made payable to Memorial Healthcare System, Graduate Medical Education.
- The forms will not be completed until payment has been received.
- Residency & Fellowship verifications are charged separately.
NOTE: VGMETs are completed following a resident’s successful completion of the program. Therefore, they could take up to three weeks following the end of the academic year on June 19 to be available for release.
State Licensing Boards
Training verification forms for State Licensing Boards or FCVS will be completed separately from the VGMET form.
- Verifications received directly from state licensing boards are exempt from the administrative service charge.
- Verifications received directly from credentialing agencies are subject to the $65.00 administrative fee.
Under no circumstances, will training verifications be verbally confirmed over the phone. There is a $25 fee to reprocess credentialing forms. Requests for reprocessing must come in within three months of the initial request or the request will be considered new and charged the full $65.00 processing fee.