PGY2 Infectious Disease Pharmacy Residency: Memorial Hospital West
The PGY2 Pharmacy Residency Program in Infectious Diseases at Memorial Hospital West (MHW) builds on the Doctor of Pharmacy education and PGY1 pharmacy residency training to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists specialized in infectious diseases. Over the course of a year, the resident is integrated into the pharmacy and healthcare teams to build upon their didactic and practical experiences and develop expert knowledge in antimicrobial pharmacotherapy. The program integrates learning opportunities in medication safety and antimicrobial stewardship in addition to several teaching opportunities alongside the Infectious Diseases Fellowship program.
Upon program completion, residents will be prepared to practice as well-rounded infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship clinicians that can seek board certification in infectious diseases.
Program Type: PGY2 Residency in Infectious Diseases (ASHP Pre-candidate status)
Positions Available: 1
- Orientation (2-3 weeks)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship I (4 weeks)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship II (4 weeks)
- Adult General Infectious Diseases Consult Service I (4 weeks)
- Adult General Infectious Diseases Consult Service II (4 weeks)
- Adult Solid Organ Transplant Infectious Diseases I (4 weeks)
- Adult Hematopoetic Stem Cell Infectious Diseases (4 weeks)
- Ambulatory Care Infectious Diseases and HIV (6 weeks)
- Combined Antimicrobial Stewardship and ID Consult Services (2-4 weeks)
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
- Pharmacy Practice – Staffing
- Seminar/Education and Teaching
- Clinical Research
- Drug Policy and Formulary Management
Electives Learning Experiences (4 weeks)
- Transitions of Care
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care
- Advanced Ambulatory Care Infectious Diseases with Focus in HIV/Hepatitis B/C
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Annual MAD-ID Meeting, The Antimicrobial Stewardship Meeting
Salary & Benefits
For detailed information, please visit our Pharmacy Residency.
- Estimated stipend: $56,000
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid Leave: Vacation, sick, holiday, & educational
- Access to electronic drug references
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
- Professional travel time
- Discounted meals
- Free onsite parking
The deadline for applications and all requirements for acceptance can be found by following the link to our page within the ASHP Residency Directory Online Directory.
- Doctor of Pharmacy from ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy
- Certificate of completion from PGY1 residency prior to start
- Florida licensure obtained within 90 days of start date
- Official college transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (one from PGY1 preceptor/director)
- On-site interview
National Matching Service (NMS) Code: 632956
About Memorial Hospital West
Memorial Hospital West (MHW) is a 502-bed academic facility and is part of the Memorial Healthcare System (MHS). The hospital provides the opportunity to care for a variety of patient populations through a patient- and family-centered, collaborative, and multidisciplinary approach. High-quality care is provided through services in the areas of medical/surgical care, emergency medicine and critical care, through the Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute, Memorial Neurosciences Institute, and Moffitt Cancer Center, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant and Malignant Hematology Cellular Therapy, amongst many others.
The hospital has also been recognized with numerous certifications and awards for providing the highest quality of care.
Memorial Hospital West has been ACGME-accredited to provide medical residency and fellowship training in numerous specialist such as Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, Neurology, amongst others. For a complete list of medical residency training programs provided, please visit our Residency & Fellowship programs.
About Memorial Hospital West Pharmacy Department
Our mission is to provide high quality, cost-effective, comprehensive and safe pharmaceutical services to the Memorial Hospital West staff and patients. The MHW pharmacists practice in a variety of patient care areas providing decentralized clinical and specialist services throughout our facility. The Pharmacy Department is actively involved in multidisciplinary patient care, patient safety and quality initiatives, optimization of pharmacy services, facility and district-wide committees, amongst many other specialty-specific services. The department embodies a learning environment promoting personal and departmental growth and development.
Lily Garcia, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP
Residency Program Director, PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Infectious Diseases
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator – Infectious Diseases
Kyle Brown, PharmD, BCCCP, BCIDP
Residency Program Coordinator, PGY2 Pharmacy Residency, Infectious Diseases
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Critical Care