Pediatric Residency Program
Datasource: Pediatrics residency program overview
Program Director's Welcome
Thank you for your interest in the Memorial Healthcare System Pediatric Residency Program at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. We welcomed our first class of residents in 2018, and have been thrilled with the energy and sense of community our residents have brought to our institution.
We are an innovative program with a great deal of flexibility to build an individualized curriculum that best prepares you for your future, whether that is in primary care, subspecialist training, or another path of your choosing.
Among other unique features, our schedules are created with a “4+2” block design, with two ambulatory weeks between every 4-week experience. Our residents find that this minimizes conflicts between inpatient and outpatient responsibilities and helps allow for a more immersive experience during core rotations.
Over and over again, our current residents name our exceptionally trained faculty as one of our biggest assets. Our faculty serve as teachers, master clinicians, supervisors, and mentors, dedicated to educating physicians to be prepared for the challenges in health care in the 21st century.
We are proud of the program we have created thus far and are confident that we offer an experience that is friendly, intimate, academic, and patient and family-centered. We look forward to growing and reaching our full complement of 24 residents in 2020!
About Our Pediatric Residency Program
Our residency program emphasizes learning that is individualized and allows our residents to guide the trajectory of their training to achieve personal career goals with the guidance of a physician mentor.
- Fully accredited by the ACGME in 2016
- Eight categorical pediatric residents each year
- Community-based continuity clinic
- More than 100 faculty members representing 30 pediatric specialties
- Located in Hollywood, Florida – along Florida's Gold Coast
About Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
Established in 1992, Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is one of the region's leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service children's specialty hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
- 226-bed pediatric regional referral center
- 650 physicians on medical staff providing care in more than 30 pediatric medical and surgical specialties
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a "Best Children's Hospital" in multiple specialties
Number of Beds
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): 84 beds
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU): 30 beds
- Pediatric Intermediate Care Unit: 12 beds
- Pediatric Medical/Surgical Beds: 60 beds
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit: 6 beds
- Pediatric Behavioral Health Unit: 12 beds
Some of Our Statistics
See more quality and safety data for our hospital.