View the schedule for the 26th Annual Trauma Symposium.
- Note that speakers and topics are subject to change.
- For a more complete schedule please see our brochure or go to the CME website.
Tuesday, February 12
12 pm - 5 pm: ATLS Refresher Course (Advanced Registration Only)
Wednesday, February 13
- 12 pm – 5 pm: ATLS Refresher Course (Advanced Registration Only)
- NURSING SEMINAR
- 8:15 am: Opening Remarks & Introductions
- 8:30 am: ECMO
- 9:30 am: Human Trafficking
- 10:45 am: Horrendeomas
- 1:15 pm: Massive Transfusions in Trauma Resuscitations
- 2:15 pm: Geriatric Fracture Management
- 3:30 pm: The Intersection of Physical & Emotional Trauma
- TRAUMA REGISTRAR SEMINAR
- 1:15 pm: How It All Begins: Understanding the Causes of Injury
- 2:15 pm: Documentation Challenges with Injury identification, Coding & Scoring
- 3:30 pm: Trauma Scores: What are they? How do you use them? What happens if they are wrong?
Thursday, February 14
- 8:00 am: Keynote: 157 Years of Trauma Resuscitation
- 9:00 am: Civilian & Military Collaboration & Trauma
- 10:00 am: Crash Dynamics 101
- 10:45 am: Prehospital TXA
- 1:30 pm: Prehospital Epinephrine for Traumatic Arrest
- 2:15 pm: Innovations &Trauma
- 3:15 pm: Rib Fracture Repair 7 Chest Wall Reconstruction
- 4:00 pm: Pre-Hospital Motorcycle Crash Injury Prevention Program: Healthcare Bias, Data Obtained from EMS Courses & Injury Prevention Program.
Friday, February 15
- 8:00 am: Neurotrauma: Anecdote vs Evidence
- 8:45 am: The Pediatric Trauma Patient: Pediatric OR Adult Surgeon at Bedside?
- 9:15 am: Update on IVC Filter Placement & Indications
- 10:00 am: Historical Perspective on Splenic Injury
- 10:45 am: Dying a Good Death
- 12:45 pm: Update on C-Diff Management
- 1:30 pm: Fistula Case: Nutrition Support for the Open Abdomen
- 2:15 pm: Gangrene & Hemorrhage: The Future of General Surgery
- 3:15 pm: Preventing Foreign Body Retention
- 4:00 pm: Providing for the Provider