26th Annual Trauma Symposium: February 12-15, 2019
Bonaventure Resort and Spa
Nursing and Trauma Registrar Seminar: February 13, 2019
ATLS Refresher: February 12 or 13, 2019
250 Racquet Club Rd
Weston, FL 33326
View the 2019 brochure (PDF) [Coming soon]
The 26th Annual Trauma Symposium is designed for healthcare professionals involved in the management of trauma patients. Specialists will provide presentations on current topics and a forum for the exchange of knowledge and ideas on a variety of issues. Panel discussions will also be provided to stimulate dialogue with the audience in a question and answer format. At the completion of this symposium, participants will have enhanced their skills and competence in patient care, medical knowledge, and system-based practice.
- Acute Care Surgery
- Helicopter Trauma Transport
- Innovations in Trauma
- Military & Civilian Trauma Collaboration
- Neurotrauma Update
- Rib Fracture Fixation
- Surgical Nutrition
- Latest on IVC Filters
- Update on Trauma Resuscitation
At the completion of this symposium the participants should be able to:
- Examine the epidemic of violence and the role of injury prevention initiatives.
- Characterize the role of communication between providers to improve outcomes.
- Explain the multidisciplinary approach to comprehensive trauma management.
Memorial Healthcare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Memorial Healthcare System designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- MOC Credits: This activity provides Category 1 CME and self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program.
- Nova Southeastern University College of Medicine is an accredited provider for awarding credit hours for the American Osteopathic Association. This activity has applied for AOA Category 2-A.
- Memorial Healthcare System is an approved provider of Nursing and Respiratory Therapy Continuing Education, CE Broker Provider # 50-1317. Contact hours will be awarded based on attendance each day (maximum 23 hours).
- Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts AMA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
- Nurse Practitioners: AANP accepts AMA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
- MRH-Trauma Services is an approved Provider of EMS Continuing Education, Florida CE Broker Provider #50-18379. This program has been approved for a maximum of 23 contact hours.