Community Sponsored Events
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraising event or activity to benefit Memorial Healthcare System. On behalf of the patients and families served by Memorial Healthcare System, thank you for your support. Please review our guidelines and complete the form below to submit your request.
Our Foundation Guidelines and Requirements
- Any fundraising event benefitting Memorial Foundation (MF) must be approved at least 30 days in advance by the Foundation office.
- All advertising copy and promotional materials for the event must be submitted to the Foundation office for approval prior to production. This includes evites, invitations, news releases, public service announcements, posters, banners, flyers and materials used for electronic distribution.
- MF should be identified as the beneficiary of the event. For example, the phrase “benefiting Memorial Foundation” is acceptable. If MF will not receive 100% of the proceeds from the event, then the phrase “a portion of the proceeds benefit Memorial Foundation” must be clearly stated on all invitation copy, advertising and promotional materials. Use of the hospital’s name in any way that creates or implies liability for the event by Memorial Foundation is prohibited.
- The State of Florida regulates all fundraising activities and MF follows all IRS laws for charitable giving. As an event organizer, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary permits, licenses or insurance.
- Foundation representation may be requested for your fundraising event. Representation will be determined based on staff availability. Please note that the volume of requests are heightened during the holiday season. Requests will be fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis.
- MF must be notified if you plan to contact businesses, individuals or organizations for contributions of any kind. Potential sponsors must be reviewed by the Foundation before being solicited.
- MF can assist with promoting the event by posting on the MF Facebook Page. MF cannot assist with solicitation efforts for donations, volunteers, attendees, or provide celebrities or publicity.
- MF can provide a letter of authorization to validate the fundraising event, assist you in designating your contribution to a specific area of interest and provide tax receipts to donors, if applicable.
Online Fundraising to benefit MF must be approved by the Foundation. This includes any efforts using third party websites (i.e. GoFundMe, Facebook, etc.), which deduct a percentage from your funds raised. We recommend fundraising through the MF website as 100% of the proceeds support your efforts. You can set up a personal fundraising page.
All net proceeds must be submitted to MF within 30 days of the actual event and before the close of the calendar year, December 31st of that year. Please make checks payable to Memorial Foundation.