Health Tip: Prepare for Grocery Shopping
To help save time and money
(HealthDay News) -- Stocking up on healthy groceries doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming, as long as you do a bit of planning.
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions:
- Avoid shopping when you're hungry, as you may be more tempted to buy junk foods.
- Create a shopping list, and buy only the items on your list.
- Create your list according to the layout of your store's aisles, so you don't have to wander past the cookies more than once.
- Choose frozen fruits and veggies so you can eat only what you need and freeze the rest.
- If buying fresh fruits and vegetables, opt for those that last, such as broccoli, carrots, cabbage and Brussels sprouts.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All Rights Reserved.